IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 67. Took newly retired wife to the covered range. It was crowded. I gave her a good bay and I got the dreaded bay by the wall so I couldn’t swing driver. Worked a bit on my drill then just did target work with a few clubs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 5 (2 Mar 23) -  Got a break in the drizzle, got in some full swing work with longer irons.  Rehearsed initial takeaway, focused keeping arms extended.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 90: 3/2/2023

Today was a madcap crazy day at work. 
I got some putting practice in. All of it was bead work. 

Basically I used the putting mirror for a dozen balls, hitting six footers. 
Then I did the gate drill into the putt-out perfect putt target. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 61: Putted for a while listening to a conference call. Also did a super speed session and a bit of mirror work. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 6 (3 Mar 23) - Played 18 at Minnesott today.  Switched it up a little by playing progressive tees (started on the back tee(blue) and progressed on set fwd on each successive hole.  They have five sets (blue-white-gold-red-silver) so I had four holes that were reasonably longer (1-6-11-16) than what I play as well as six that were shorter than usual (4-5-9-10-14-15).   I enjoyed rethinking tee shots and related approaches.  Great exercise for me in course management. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 68 - Worked on hitting up with the driver today by doing Adam Young's "3-tee" drill, about 20 minutes. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 68. Indoor work plus SuperSpeed Squeeze training and a Fot for Golf workout.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 123, March 3, 2023

I took yesterday off as I was presenting to the WNY PGA section at our Education Day.

Today I did some downswing stuff. Speeding it up a little bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not sure what the op means by streak. But in New England we just can’t Willy nilly pick a day to practice. So since the weather hasn’t cooperated much I’ve been to the range twice. 1st time was 24 balls. 7 iron then driver. (3days rehabilitation). Just swinging to get close to plain and yes I swung way too hard. The 2nd time was today 7 iron and 5 wood. 24 balls , just swing plain and creating muscle memory. I swung at 50% this time. Not sore yet. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

Day 91: 03/03/2023

More putting today. All about the bead work today. Gate drills and using the putting mirror. 

I also did some pitching and chipping before it started pouring rain.

Started to do my overspeed training, but my elbow as giving me a little trouble so I laid off it. I have a golf trip coming up and I want to go uninjured. 

Day 62: Played 18 holes. Bad front 9, much better back 9. Then went to the range and worked on my priority piece for about half an hour, and got some videos for evolvr. Productive golf day.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 69. Indoor work again.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 69 - Putting practice today, going thru full pre-putt routine for each putt. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Woke up today with no soreness it’s a start. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

• Administrator

Day 124, March 4, 2023

Worked for ten minutes after juniors + Matt. Same kinda stuff as Matt with different reasons. 😉

On 3/3/2023 at 6:53 PM, rocket23 said:

Not sure what the op means by streak. But in New England we just can’t Willy nilly pick a day to practice.

You can practice indoors. I think this is pretty clear:

On 12/31/2017 at 6:25 PM, iacas said:
  • When you've gone four weeks (28 calendar days) in a row, missing at most two days, make your post in bold, red text to let everyone know that you're on a streak.

26 of the last 28 days is a streak.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’d love nothing more than to throw 5 minutes or more a day into my game. But it’s just not happening. So just a periodic weekly update is all I can manage right now. Thanks for the clarification 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

sabertooth putter

Day 7 (4 Mar 23) - Got a few moments this afternoon so worked on bump and runs with the 3h in the backyard.  Worked on shots 5yds up 25yds.  Used a choked down grip and putter style stroke.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 92: 03/04/2023

I got to the indoor range early this morning. I started with @iacas's speed control putting drill. Then I spent 25 balls chipping at 3 different targets. After that I spent 25 balls hitting pitch shots of various lengths. 
I warmed up just a little bit and then took video of my swing both DTL and Caddie View. I'm checking just a couple of priority areas. I have a golf trip in less than a week and I don't want to make any more large changes until after I get back. So, the first video was just confirmation. Then I did a couple of reinforcement drills with a 6 iron. I took some more video and felt okay about where everything is. 

Next I pulled driver and did 2 slow motion swings and 2 full speed shots.

Went back to the putting green and spent 15 minutes hitting "makeable" putts. 

Packed up and went home. Tomorrow will likely be my last really good practice day before my trip.