IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3: 27 March

Essentially a repeat of yesterday; plenty of takeaway practice, really trying to groove my backswing and make a complete turn. This is promoting a better club path. Range session tomorrow.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9: 3/28/2023

Slow motion swings today in front of the mirror. Trying to compare that swing to the GEAR's guy that we recorded in my last session with Yoda. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 31 (28 Mar 23) - Played 9 hole Super ball with our church men’s group.  Format allowed for a relaxed round with focus on consistent ball striking. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 148, March 28, 2023

Not as much time as I would have liked, but a student took an impromptu lesson. Good work though, and explaining some things to him helped me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5: chipping and putting work.  Worked on engaging the bounce of my wedge while improving footwork and maximizing speed at the bottom of the swing.

Putting using Tour Response balls with wide line to gauge face impact and roll.  Worked on distance control three balls at a time hitting to different lengths through medium gate.

Day 12:

Going back to basics usually helps me get back on track. I found a 5SK drill for flat wrist looking at TST Instructional Content, so I did that with 20 balls, then did 10 balls with a 9-3 swing focusing on keeping the same feel, and then hit 5 balls full swing. Finished with one ball hitting it as hard as I could. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 86: did a super speed session and some rehearsal swings. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4 3/28/23

Grip work and slow motion backswing work for 15 minutes. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 3: 28 Mar

Range session today. Really striking my irons well, focusing on translating the drills/feels I’m practicing at home into hitting golf balls. Need to fine-tune my club head control so that I end up with a a consistent shot shape - it’s either a fade or a slight pull currently. It’s a nice problem to have I think.

Also more work with 3 wood from the mat (no tee). I think I’ve largely removed the high-handicapper “duff shots” now, but I need to completely trust my backswing and make a full turn, then swing with confidence. Trust what I’m doing.

Day 5 3/29/23

Went to the dome here for an hour or so. Read a great article on another forum about turn/pivot which opened my eyes quite a bit. Spent a lot of my time rehearsing slow swings hittling balls at less than half speed getting my trail shoulder up and back. Think I felt real tilt for one of the first times. Also went back to a more neutral grip after seeing a Padraig Harrington video. Really stuck with me when he said a bad grip will never lead to any improvement. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 32 (29 Mar 23) - Worked on setup and impact position w/9i.  Focused on going from P6 thru P8. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 4: 29 Mar

more drills practicing my takeaway and transition. I’ve caught myself sometimes adding an overcock at the top of the backswing, but it’s translating into me bowing my wrist. That’s creating an open clubface. Something to work on for sure.

Day Uno. Been practicing sporadically due to my wife and I renovating the last two rooms of our cottage. Did range today and really only worked on targets with most of the bag including short and long chips and pitches and some sand. I did work on my feel at the start.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8: Played today. High winds and chilly. Didn’t hit it well, a lot of thins and toe shots. I think a product of opening the lead shoulder. Hip movement I thought was good as I had plenty of space to swing. Hit some good shots in there as well. Had a hole in one. Tonight just going more rehearsal swings with keeping the lead shoulder in. 

Day 10: 3/29/2023

Okay work has had my buried lately. So no range time for me today. I did get to get some mirror work in first thing this morning with a 7 iron. And I did day 15 of the COVID-19, 30 day challenge. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 6: Stack training session 5.  E speed up to 105, which is what I have been swinging my driver in practice!

Finished the night with putting practice through gates.

Day 87: Resurrected a COVID plan putting drill - putt between 2 cups. Did that for a while and then putted into the cup with my son. Good session!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: