IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 14:

Did some pitching/chipping practice. Also worked on recentering while hitting almost golf balls with slow swings. I noted that it felt like I was recentering weight into my lead toe/ball of foot, so tried a feel of the weight getting more into lead heel, and that felt more balanced through impact to follow through.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 7 3/31/23

Indoor work doing slow backswing drills gerring trail shoulder back and up. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 6: 31 Mar

Continued with takeaway drills, working on putting the club in the right place at the top of the backswing with no unwanted wrist flex to keep the face square. Also started my 20-30min flexibility/conditioning programme which I intend to do at least every other day.

Day 35 (01 Apr 23) - Worked on hip rotation in front of the mirror.  Going from setup to full turn in backswing to firing (slo-mo) thru impact.  Kept arms quiet by keeping them crossed on the chest.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 9: putting practice using a mirror. My eyes are just inside the ball, and being left-eye dominant I place that eye even with the back of the ball. Given that, I haven’t used my mirror in years because it encourages eyes over the ball. Great session! Made a dozen 15’ putts on a straight putt. Reinforced consistent setup and hope to take this to the course tomorrow!

Day 13: 4/1/2023

Got to the indoor range early this morning. Worked on my priority piece with a six iron for a while. I also did a lot of chipping practice. A couple different targets and a couple of different clubs. I finished up by working randomly through the bag hitting every club at least twice. Still keeping a focus on my priority piece but also trying to hit good shots. The last thing I did before I left was record a swing from DTL and caddie view. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 15:

Chipping/pitching practice into a net with real balls, then hit some almost golf balls with 8-iron and driver working on recentering feel. 

-Peter

Day 8 4/1/23

Indoor work doing slow backswing drills gerring trail shoulder back and up. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 14: 4/2/2023

Once again, I got to the indoor range bright and early. I did some chipping and some putting first. Then moved on to my priority pieces. After the block practice I moved on to random practice still focusing on my priority pieces. The last thing I did was to video my swing DTL and Caddie View. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 7: 1 Apr

Just a few mins of takeaway drills as busy with other stuff

Day 8: 2 Apr

Golf lesson plus personal range practice. I’m clearly bringing the club from the inside - the video prove it - and that’s a good thing, but the early release is the issue now. It’s been an issue for a while, but coach has been trying different feels to help me understand what I’m trying to do. Today one clicked; the club is rotating back inside too quickly post impact, so my feel is to keep my hands square in the middle of my body as I rotate through. I also need to keep track of what’s a good/bad shot on the range. It can be too easy to get disheartened by “poor” shots if I set unrealistic measures of success.

Day 16:

Played 18 this morning. Had a couple rough holes (2 doubles and 1 triple), but still finished with a 10.5 differential. Managed to play the entire round with a slowed down swing, while I am trying to ingrain a change that I am struggling with.

-Peter

Day 10: practiced prior to my round incorporating Stack training into full swing with great results. Frustrated with my putting I have strived to make my stroke much tighter, and the practice went well prior to my round.

Day 36 (02 Apr 23) - Spent time on pitches in the backyard this afternoon.  Warmed up with the 8i and then moved to the 50, 54 and 58.  Was able to work at 25, 15 and 10 yd distances.  Good drill for for the around the green work and learning what each club offers.  

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 153, April 2, 2023

Putted a little bit in the hotel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 91: Did some mirror work, working on exaggerating some downswing stuff.  

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 9: 3 Apr

More indoor drills, working on keeping the club in front of me post “impact” as I rotate through. The feel makes sense and my divot mat really shows the in-to-out path that’s going on. So…so far, so good? 

Day 1 again. I missed posting. My wife and I played nine again. I drove the ball well in 5 of 7 holes and had some good approach shots. But I also chinked a few wedges and the 4W needs work. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave