IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12 - Wedge practice (56* CBX FF2) using the "Umbrella" drill 2 balls each from 5, 10 and 15 yards. Lot's more work to do until I get all 6 in a row.  

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 15. Shoulder is much better. I filmed my swing and posted in My Swing thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 39: May 3

Back to drills, focusing again on backswing and transition. Correct (flat) left wrist position at the top, a full deep turn (which I find makes it difficult for me to overswing) and “right elbow into my ribs” coming down. 

• Administrator

Day 184, May 3, 2023

More of the same. Twist the shit out of it (the wrong direction), then throw it behind me. Don't forget to use the legs, but that's less of an issue as time goes on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 41: Chipping and putting practice. Worked on backswing length with putting and full swing, both of which can get long.

Day 10 - The Stack swings and some dry swings working on my priority piece

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Day 16: did some putting work on my mat. Working on my setup - sticking my butt out a little more and having my weight more in my heels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 13 - Spent an hour on the Trackman Target Practice range at my local Golf Galaxy today. Worked on approach shots from 50 to 150 yards and pitch shots from 20 to 50. For the shorter shots (specifically 29 and 45) I hit three different clubs to each target to get a feel for the technique and see how the ball reacted on the green. All-in-all time well spent. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day42: Wright Balance fitting today after some poor play.  Tested out as an Upper Core golfer and the instructor showed me a variety of exercises to complete daily and prior to play. Took me out to the range and I striped most shots. I had been good with the driver and not so good with the irons. Felt like I was hitting everything pretty good when I left.

Day 11 - Hit balls at the range working on my priority piece. Making some progress visually and the ball striking is drastically improved so heading in the right direction.

Day 16. Worked on shoulder turn and did a Fit for Golf workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 185, May 4, 2023

Left wrist cups, right wrist arches. Today I did the downswing mostly with slower "falling" stuff behind me, keeping the left wrist cupped, but I'll do some faster ones tomorrow.

@Clemsonfan, you should start a topic on the Wright stuff… though it seems like a LOT of players test out as "upper core" which makes me doubt how useful that actually is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 68 (04 May 23) - Got to go to the driving range today near the beach place.  Used the bucket to “play” the front nine at Minnesott (less the putting). Session started different as I “felt” like I stepped backwards with a good number of chunked irons in the warm-up portion.  Did a reset and slowed down, shortened the swing to pitch length - got me back into a rhythm that was more predictable.  Overall it helped to mentally play a series of holes on the range. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 17: Did a super speed session and some rehearsal swings, working on priority piece there.

-- Daniel

Day 18: Went to the range and did about 35 minutes of random practice. Ball was going a little too far left for my liking, but it's definitely playable. Ball contact was generally solid, so that's good. All in all, I'm in a good spot.

-- Daniel

Day 69 (05 May 23) - Worked on trail arm in downswing today, getting into the slot using the 7i.  Rehearsed in slo-mo, ended the drill by making half swings hitting easy pitches about 60 yds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 12 - short range session then a bit longer session on chipping and putting.

• Administrator

Day 186, May 5, 2023

Just managed to sneak my five minutes in today. Busy busy day. Looked at the GE 3.0 building (six feet shorter than we thought), and so on.