IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 22

Working on restricting body rotation during back swing, trying to stay more level, found my body lifting up significantly so trying to stay more focused on control/shape

Mike in Scotland - Discovering golf one divot at a time

(Swing Thread)

Day 4 (24 Jun 23) - Foot feeling better, decided to head out and play 18 (riding in a cart).  Round was as a solo so I time to work on pre-shot process: grip, stance, weight, target zone where wanted to land and getting a good start line for shots without holding up others or feeling rushed. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 14: 6/24/23

Dr. Kwon rope training followed by Wright Balance training. Completed Stack Neural Training immediately afterwards. A little slower than last time with the 195 grams after plenty of yard work last night and today. Did set personal bests with the other weights so I remain positive about the session.

• Administrator

Day 236, June 24, 2023

Took down the GEARS cameras today. Fortunately, was smart enough to practice for 10 minutes before I did so, as I was quite dirty and a little sore afterward.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5: 6/24/2023

The whole family went to the range today. I actually did spend about 5-10 minutes working on my priority piece. But then, it became a game of closest to the pin at targets my kids were picking out. We finished with "Can dad hit a drive over 270 carry?" ... Result, I couldn't. I got several 269's. and I had plenty were I had high enough swing speed. But none where I had enough swing speed and a good enough strike to get the smash factor up high enough to hit 270. 

I'm not sure everything we did was really good for my game, but the kids had a blast and they can't wait to go back to the range, so I took it as a win. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 2: went after work to chip and putt. Just getting the feel back around the green. Was a good couple hours working on set up putting. I bent over a bit more to get eyes over the ball. I tend to have them to far inside. Overall was pretty solid. 

Day 37. Worked on my priority piece again, but it was very humid so the session was short.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 33, June 25th, 2023

Went to the range and worked on hitting from better A5 position.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 14: Jun 25

Played 18 holes. Was shaping up to be a good round (-3 nett after 10) then blew up my card on 11. Still played some good golf coming home, but the damage was done. But plenty of positives to build on.

Lesson learned: if I don’t have a clear picture of the shot…I don’t have the shot. Especially for a seemingly “safe” shot. What’s my goal? Where am I going to be playing the next shot from? If I don’t know that, I’m not ready.

Day 5 (25 Jun 23) an easy afternoon session in the backyard.  Worked on tempo w/9i and SW.  Easy pitches from 5 yds to about 30 yds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 6: 6/25/2023

No range time today. But, I did get some nice putting drills in on the office mat. 

I was able to do gate and string drills. I did some with and some without the putting mirror. 
Hadn't done any flatstick work in a long while so it was nice to get some in. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 237, June 25, 2023

Worked inside today. It was hot and I didn't feel like going outside. Also, reviewed a few hours of YouTube videos I'd downloaded in the last few weeks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 61 - Indoor putting practice focusing on taking the stroke inside on the backswing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Day 3: hit balls into the net. Hit some one hand shots as well to feels what I’m working on. Hit a lot of 50-70 percent swings just to ingrain things. Contact is much better. Playing tomorrow, so we will see. 

Day 33, June 25th, 2023

Range session at lunch. Worked on keeping the swing shorter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 15: Jun 26

Few minutes of backswing drills; continuing to create a less “rounded” takeaway and setting my wrists correctly.