IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 125- Hit a bucket at the dome today. 

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Trying to heal a foot injury, so making full swings isn't in the card right now.  I hit some putts at home for 15 minutes and did my arm speed drill for like 5 mins. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 268: forgot to post yesterday, but first day I’ve missed for a while. Anyway, spent about 25 minutes chipping indoors into my chipping net game with foam balls. Worked on high, medium, and low chips. High chips needed the most work, but it’s also not easy to do those off carpet into a net 5 feet away. Lower chips were much better, so that’s good. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 269: went to the range at lunch. Filmed and worked on my priority piece for a good 30 minutes. Was really good block practice. Got some solid videos to send to evolvr. Good practice session!

-- Daniel

Day 20. That other thread about shotscope data was really helpful context. Started with some technique work and then hit some full shots into the net with the skytrak on. Still battling the hooks but the number of draws was up significantly so definite progress in the right direction. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 113 (04 Apr 24) - Back outside today for setup work and slap shot drills, hit a few hard foam balls - limited swings as left foot is still tender.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 99: 4/4/24

Stack training Full Speed Spectrum training session 19/24. Finished 1 mph below my high speed for this program. Good session.

Day 126- Slow,  short swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Day 40: 4/4/2024

Got to the range on lunch and worked on priority pieces. Then I "played" my tournament course. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 522, April 5, 2024

Played 18 holes at The Cardinal in Greensboro, NC yesterday (then drove home). Worked for about two hours today with the QuadMAX. Exaggerating a "flick throw" these days. Swing is almost entirely right arm/hand right now (a good thing).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 114 (05 Apr 24) -Spent time working with the wedges today in the backyard.  Ht off the mat working on overall distance control at 25yds and 40yds.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 21. Full swing technique work. Filmed my swing and it reminded me to get back to basics. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 1: Worked on Evolver drill to get elbow away from my body on the backswing and not use arms as much to bring the club around.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Day 100! 4/5/24

Putting through 50 mm gates. A little unfocused, I guess, and hit the gates early with some frequency. Finished much better. Looking forward to playing tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 41: 4/5/2024

The only thing I got done today was my overspeed training. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 127- Slow, short swings with short practice club. 

BO THE GOLFER

Day 270: putted for a bit on a mat. Worked on stroke and making sure my head isn’t moving. I think my contact is better, which is great. 

-- Daniel