IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1. Started practicing again today. I been traveling a bit and had some minor nagging injuries. Worked on setup and contact today. I found I was lifting my chin a bit at setup and losing sight of the ball at the top. I was almost missing the ball on the course.

I worked on lowering my view to keep the ball centered all the way to the top. Results were pretty good. Playing tomorrow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10, August 14th, 2023

Went to the range. Keep swing shorter, slight pause, turn better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 55 (15 Aug 23) - Worked with 7i on starting swing at ball and thru finish.  Kind of like nailing the throttle off the line in a dragster….very awkward as there is no running start (backswing).  Works to help me be focused on weight on lead foot.  After about 5 mins, move to starting with arms parallel to ground in downswing and swinging thru the ball. Finally went to full swings… hit less than 20 hard foam balls during drill….

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 288, August 15, 2023

Worked on my swing for about 20 minutes at the end of a long day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 108 - Indoor putting focusing on the new setup

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 1:

Life interfered with my practice routine for a time, but had a lesson yesterday so decided to try and get my daily streak going again.

Made a training aid that was at the golf lesson facility (foam airplane taped to a 7-iron with wings perpendicular to face - it is meant for junior golfers, but it gives me a nice visual aid for not rolling inside on backswing. Idea is to not pitch the wings away from the ball on takeoff (thus crashing the plane). Worked indoors on backswing with my new aid.

Also worked on minor setup adjustment, addressing ball to close to heel, so did 15 reps of stepping into my stance with ball at center of clubface.

Lesson also had some downswing work (clubface at transition and lead leg feel) but didn't work on any of that today.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 29: range night. Hit 40 balls, random practice through the bag. Then putted for about 45 minutes. Focused on putts inside 20’. Did some aimpoint work, combined with the pull back drill. Really good night of practice. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 60: Aug 15

Round of golf. Executed well, planned out my approach and had a really good day (setting a new PB). Improving my accuracy will come the more I play; if I subconsciously feel that I’m not aligned correctly then adjust accordingly. 

Day 12, August 16th, 2023

Range session. Same stuff. Backswing practice on stopping the hands at right ear height. Taking hands down to right pocket at A5. Then giving a slight turn and hitting the ball using body turn and little of the hands. Really focusing on straightening the left leg and turning the torso. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Day 289, August 16, 2023

Got a little work in a mirror. Long Behrend day with the new team beginning tryouts, physicals, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 56 (16 Aug 23) - Son wanted to play today, so we hit the links at Minnesott with grandson in tow.  We played 18 and sweated a ton!  

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 109 - Short but productive range session followed by chipping and putting.

Reinforcing my feels, liking where things are at right now.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 30: lighter day today. Did some mirror work, focused on checking my backswing feels. 

-- Daniel

Day 57 (17 Aug 23) - tough day working w/the 58. In the middle of my regular drills started making severe heel strikes.  Which prompted my mind to go into “fix” rather than “reset”.  After a couple of moments, settled back into my setup routine an s was able to finish with the nice easy shots to my short targets (about 10yds).  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 13, August 17th, 2023

Played 9 holes. Don’t know why, but I was shanking some irons and distance wedge shots. Going to have to check that out or chalk it up as a strange day. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 2:

Practiced yesterday but forgot to post. This session was the same as previous, working on setup change and doing some backswing practice with my homemade training aid.

Today I continued with backswing practice, but also did some reps hitting a ball.

I also started work on reconfiguring my practice space to give some yard square footage back to the family.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 31: Did a stack session. Worked on backswing rehearsal feels on rest breaks. 

-- Daniel

It’s been really hot here this week.  Right after sunrise I went to the driving range and practiced on my 4 & 5 hybrids, hybrid wood and driver.  I also practiced 20yd - 100yd on my gap wedge.

I improved a lot the last two weeks on my hybrids and mini driver.  Today was first day I shot my gap wedge from a driving range. Am really happy with all of those shots; my work from the school near our house is helping me, especially on the wedge. My driver was pretty scary…. Kept hitting above the ball…. Glad I went!