IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 24 (25 May 24) - Too many irons in the fire.....just kidding.  Opted to spend some time pitching with the MacGregor Mike Souchak irons as I plan to play them this week.  Worked  with  the Dual Duty Wedge, 9i and 8i - focused on clean picks in the back yard (not taking heavy divots).  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day150: 5/25/24

Stack Training session. Finished with my 3rd fastest speed of this program, my 7th. Hard cross training workout yesterday and I might have been a little slower today.

Day 320: played 18. Solid day, shot +6 and won the tournament.

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 22:  More putting practice 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 43:

Hit 20 balls with 6-iron, working with new feel. Seemed to work okay, but start line is a little more right than I’d like to see.

Hit 15 Almost Golf balls with driver, same feel.

Did pitching.chipping practice, focusing on good contact.

Putted in home office for 20 min using my dog’s Kong as a target. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 73. Played 9. My little one joined and had a great time, which made my day. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

Day 8 - Setup and grip. Hit balls for a bit with a shorter swing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Day 44:

Played 18. Good round. Shot 82 with two really bad doubles, two missed birdie putts inside 6 feet and a couple more in the 8-12 foot range.

Will probably get in some practice this evening ahead of round tomorrow morning. 

-Peter

Day 151: 5/26/24

Slow motion swings this morning followed by indoor putting through 50 mm gates tonight. Playing tomorrow and hope the rain holds. This course is prone to flooding.

Day 25 (26 May 24) - Full day of family and church activities - ddi get in some late in the rolls with the putter.  Focused on smooth stroke thru the ball. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 321: did a stack session. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 571, May 26, 2024

Made some swings in the mirror before a drive out west. Will play tomorrow and have a better practice to report…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23:  Hit a couple of buckets at the range.  Not sure why I hit my irons much better at home into the net than at the range and hit my driver better on the range than the course.  Played my second 9 hole round this evening and shaved off 7 strokes from my first game and had fewer do overs.  I even had a one putt if that’s called anything from about 15 feet.  Played the last two holes through the sprinklers but I don’t mind. 

I may not hit the ball far, but at least I find all of the pretty flowers. 

Day 152: 5/27/24 Memorial Day

Practiced prior to round today. I have been using Dan Grieve as my guide to short game and had a great warmup holing out chips and bunker shots. On the course made a nifty up and down from a plugged lie in the waste bunker on 3 and a good pitch on 5 helped save par. Then the deluge came.🤦🏻‍♂️

Day 9 - Hit some balls and did some swings with a shorter backswing.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Day 45

Played 18. Another solid round, with a four doubles sprinkled throughout. Having a hard time trusting the feel/move.

-Peter

day 74. Slow short swings arching the left wrist. Some good outcomes. Some open face shanks. Some poor strikes. Hopefully the wrist movement was working though. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3