IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 160 - Spent 30 minutes working on secondary axis tilt at set up and a few feels with 6 iron and driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 51

Full swing practice with my 3h and 3w. I've had some trouble with these 2 clubs lately during play. 

I'm going to continue to practice with these clubs more during the week.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 6:  Hit some balls into the net in my backyard.  Didn't work on anything specific.  Just wanted to swing free and easy.

Day 242

Putting in the living room watching PGA Championship.

Superspeed workout. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 7: Played 9 holes at my "home" course. Cleanest 9 holes of the year so far. 2 pars, 7 bogeys, no sixes. Didn't hit any spectacular shots, especially on approaches, but there weren't any disaster shots. And the couple that weren't great, i was able to follow up with a decent enough shot instead of making it worse with another not great shot. Golf is much more enjoyable on days like this.

Day 243

Played 18. Payed attention to misses to bring some info to my lesson this week.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 20

Got session in at the range and focused on Driver and wedges. Then I played 9 holes of golf

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 52.  I played today.  Played the par-3s and par-5s in a total of even (one birdie and one bogey, each on a par-3;  parred the other two par-3s and all three par-5s).  Didn't make so much as a par on a par-4.  Shot 17 over.  Four doubles and a triple (there are 11 par-4s at this course).  Some of those six fives on par-4s felt better than others.  Very happy with strokes 2-5 on hole 11. 

Improved my ringer score for the birdie challenge by 3 strokes today, all on par-3s.

2941337_zsYl9ZgE.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Happy also with how I finished.  After going 6-7 on the last two par-4s, finishing par-par-par especially with the 16th being a bit of a nemesis par-3 for me. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 52

I continued full swing practice with my 3h, 3w and 6i. I concentrated on keeping my trail arm tucked.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 8:  Played 18 holes today hoping to continue my amazingly consistent play from yesterday.  And it was anything but consistent.  Not that I'm not generally happy with how I played. I did a terrific job recovering mentally from disaster holes, and I'm very happy about that.  The problem was, there were 4 disaster holes.  In the first 7 holes.  On the front 9, I had 5 pars, two triples, a quadruple, and a quintuple.  Just incredible.  I settled into the back 9 just fine and played a decent 9 holes.  All in all, this would have been a great round for me, had i kept those holes on the front 9 to double bogeys.  Instead, its just another round where you try to take the positives.  In this case, the positive is 9 pars. All time best for me.

image.png.76fc59ae95d5a139a252d3ebfa564c71.png

Day 53.  Went to the range to hit balls outdoors (as if I didn't hit enough yesterday!) and get some video.  Hit plenty of great 8-iron, 6-iron, hybrid, 4-wood, and driver with only a few poor shots mixed in.  Where was this for the first 15 holes yesterday?

Either way, I focused on the setup and on not rushing.  It's easy for me to not rush at home -- no one's here, I have all the balls I want and can stop and come back and so on.  I feel some of my shots outdoors have been rushed lately, so I want to practice that, and practice it outdoors.

That's it for challenge purposes;  I will be doing speed sticks outside later today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 226 - August 10, 2020

Played four holes before focusing on Nat.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I’ve been basically working on my game every day since I’m working from home during Covid and can work on things while listening to calls and stuff so I’m not sure why I haven’t been doing this. 

Day 1: my primary focus is eliminating OTT and being more balanced, steady head (see my swing thread for recent video). i am keeping it simple and rotating between 3 slow mapping swings and one full swing with a foam ball. I am using my 4 iron since I am struggling with my longer clubs. 

I hope it’s OK to use the same practice over and over because I’m really trying to focus on one thing until I’m ready to move on to the next area of focus. It’s pointless for me to work on other things until I finally get this down. 

Day 162 - Played nine today. Heat got the better of me but I played pretty well. Focused on the feel of trying to fade the ball on every shot as per my Evolvr lesson. For the driver, got a nice push fade. For the irons, slight push draw. I think this will be more controllable.

I noticed a lot of players at the PGA were playing fades. I like the height I get and the misses are less extreme.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day One!

I have a Medicus Vision Track Pro

I took 20 balls to the practice area, and for each ball I:

- Set up at A1 with the ball in the middle of my stance

- Slowly swing back to A3, trying to keep a sense of weight somewhat forward

- Track the club path along the path line, and forwards again

- Back to A3 and then swing through, trying to ensure I don't foul the swing fault marker

- Observe the shot shape

I hit the fault thing about 3 times... I thought I'd do it much more - I've seen myself, and I have a dreadful out-to-in swing path on the downswing.

I hit a draw about 3 times... I thought I'd do this more, if I didn't foul the fault thing, since I tend to deliver the face slightly closed relative to the swing path, so I assumed if I made contact on that path I would pull or draw the ball.

I hit a huge slice about 16 times.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 40:

Did some pump drills for 5 minutes. Lots of photo review of myself vs some lower handicaps (which showed a few areas to work on). Long net session planned for tomorrow with some video.