6,579 posts / 328416 viewsLast Reply

Day 37

Same as yesterday. It is getting easier and I'm able to up my swing speed without hitting the stick. Can't wait to get to range and see if there has been improvement in my full swing. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10 - hit 25 balls with 9i with focus on Right elbow straight. I was pulling the ball more tonight than usual. Not sure why, but won’t give it too much thought unless it becomes a trend

Day 53

Took The Wife to range tonight and both got a large bucket.

I worked on my Driver, 5 Wood, 2 Utility Iron, 7 Iron, PW & 52* Wedge. Overall a good night of work.

On the way home my Wife complained about how her first 15 to 20 golf balls went so good then after that it sucked.  I started laughing and told her, it's because you hit an entire large bucket before I was not even half done with my bucket.  I told she needed to slow way down.  Let her body have some recovery time between shots. 

All in all we had a nice time together 

Day 280

Superspeed workout, followed by hitting some balls with a 7-iron. Started with half swings working on priority piece, and worked up to full swings, but at a slow speed. 

Day 90.  Context:  I am on a golf trip, rounds are tomorrow and Friday, plus Saturday if I make the cut.  I drove up today.  There's a really nice practice facility one freeway exit away from me.  It was packed tonight, but I found time and space to spend half an hour putting.  6', 9', 12', 20', 30', some for speed, some for making.  No specific drills. 

Day 19 - Took a lot of swings today, filmed several. Having a problem where I can practice a good hip turn in the mirror, but suddenly with a club in my hand and the camera on it’s like they just stop turning. Gonna work on it more tomorrow. 

Day 38

Same routine as yesterday. Focused in on a feel I picked up. To me it feels like at transition I am simultaneously starting my lower body rotation and pulling my arms back away from the downswing. On film I'm not actually doing that but the result is a much more on plane swing. I can only do it at about 50% so far but I'm getting there. I filmed a few full speed swings without the alignment stick set up (I don't want to kill myself with a flying stick) and it was bad but that's ok. 

Day 91.  Played 18 today.  Had never seen this course before and wow is it a tough one.  Those greens and those ways to get to the greens.  Will do GG thing later.  5 GIR but only 3 pars.  :-( 

Day 54

Did some light swing drills in the house..  This aging body was feeling sore from the last 2 weeks golf workload 

Day 20 - Lots of practice swings, really trying to exaggerate my hip turn. Also played 9, inconsistent between the tee box and the green. 

Day 281

Re-Mapped distances for partial wedge shots for PW, GW, and SW with Mevo. 

Day 11 - more of the same; right elbow straight with 9i. I did go to range and work on it there with 5W and driver and my trajectory was much straighter. :-)

Day 54

Went to the Range tonight. Focused on hitting all Wedges at 1/2 swing then tried to hit flop shots off of a firm to hard range.  Then i hit full as wing PWs.  

Also rotated in my Driver thru out the session.   Finished up rotating between ny 5 Wood and Driver.

Very happy with how my accuracy with how my accuracy with all my clubs is improving.