6,764 posts / 336582 viewsLast Reply

Day 21 - Filmed my swing for Evolvr, focus is on hip turn. Need to post the videos to My Swing thread. 

Day 265 - Sept 18, 2020

Rehearsals in the patio glass doors. Feeling as though the shaft is \ and I'm turning against my right leg and staying into the ground there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 92.  Played 18, hit 4 GIR and shot a really poor score, just like yesterday.  High slope rating courses, especially on first play, really get to me!  I have to figure out how to do better in those circumstances.   GameGolf stuff I'll get done tomorrow.

Day 282

Superspeed workout, and then started mapping my partial LW distances but it got too dark. 

Damn, my post from yesterday never went through. Hope this counts. 

Day 39

Same practice except I moved the road to the other side towards the target line. I liked the change and am seeing continued progress

Day 40

I don't have much time today due to traveling to visit son in college so I did 5 minutes of mirror work focused on a centered pivot. Picked a spot on the mirror working my left shoulder down to it while keeping my head steady. I'm hoping to swing this evening when I get home but it might be late. 

5 Minutes Daily Practice - Day 1

The past month I have been struggling with my Driver, lost a lot of distance and shots all over the place except in the fairway.  It has been over a month since I focused any practice on it so after reading the 65-20-15 topic I decided to make that the start of my 5 Minute Daily Practice goal.

Went to the range with my wife as objective observer.  Her first question was "If you are hitting towards that flag, why are you aimed so far left?"  so I spent the next 10 minutes working on my initial setup to get better aligned with the target.  Was still hitting like crap, but at least aimed correctly.

Next I pulled out some Impact Stickers and quickly discovered I was hitting high on the hosel almost every shot.  Worked on lowering the tee and making sure I knew how high it was teed up and also setting up a little farther back from the ball. Once I started getting more consistent contact the ball was going longer and mostly on target.  Still need to get more consistent in the sweet spot but this a major improvement.  Attached is a photo of the last impact sticker.  Not perfect, but much better.  I think I will repeat this tomorrow to get the tee height and set-up distance more consistent.

Stuart 9-19-20.jpg

Day 55

I spent time in the backyard working on chipping, solid 30 minutes 

Day 283

Worked on priority piece with 7-iron, and then mapped my distances for partial LW shots with Mevo.

Day 22 - Filmed more swings, prioritizing hip rotation in the backswing. Finally figuring it out, it seems. 

Day 1 again. Was able to do 15 minutes of pitches and chips without pain. If I feel ok tomorrow, I will go to a course and do short game work.

Day 41

Back to my normal routine. Really liking the progress I am seeing. 

Day #2

Went to range and worked hitting sweet-spot more consistently, focus on not crowding the ball and proper tee heigh.  I felt I have the initial setup and tee height correct, was hitting consistently 10 yards either side of target on most shots.  Still a tendency to hit near Hozel but so much better and close enough to get the “ forgiveness”.  Now that I am not crowding the ball I need to work to keep my downswing on plane.  At least many were 235-240 today which is good for me, especially if near the target.

B08A167D-A22C-4AE8-85E8-FC54E3A600FE.jpeg

Edited by StuM
Added photo