IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 293

Probably the worst ball striking I’ve had in a practice session since before I started lessons. Started off with slow, 9-3 swings working on priority piece and shanked about 50% of the balls. Thought f*** it, and just tried some easy/loose full swings to clear my head and shanked probably 75% of the balls. Took a break, came back, and hit simple chip shots, and still shanked about 30% of the balls.

Something is terribly awry right now. I ended my practice today afraid to hit a ball with more than a chipping motion. I’m going to be an optimist and hope that it’s that (1) my work is super busy right now which might be causing lack of focus when I practice, and (2) I’ve been practicing in the dark lately (decent exterior light, but far from ideal) due to a variety of factors, and the environment is contributing to poor ballstriking.

Got a lesson in 2 weeks, but I’ll be on vacation until the day of my lesson, so no chance to film and get teacher feedback ahead of that, so I’m on my own to work something out. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 52

first day practicing at 80%’ish although it felt closer to full speed looking back. Good results. Started including my 5i to try to get more consistent with those lower clubs. Still focusing on ball position and my knee bend as well. 

On 9/29/2020 at 7:04 PM, woodzie264 said:

Day 18 -  playing in a couple of scrambled in the next week, so it hit some balls trying to not think about technique...just wanting to make solid contact. 

Day 19 - Same as above; hit some wedges, 8i’s, hybrid, 5W, Drivers.  playing tomorrow

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 4 - some net work with 6 iron and driver reinforcing higher hands and the transition feel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 278 - October 1, 2020

Got some swings in downtown before a lesson. Have a small "event" to play in tomorrow. Ha!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 104.  Speed sticks outback tonight during TNF (no alcohol consumed prior to doing the practice).  Outdoors, protocol two.  

I hate the swinging from the knees we do as part of this protocol ... how they make me feel, that sort of thing.  In the past, that's usually a sign that if I keep doing it, I'll improve at golf, so it's worth it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 294

Some shank relief, and a good feeling after practice. Got home earlier than expected from work and recorded some swings in near dark - not great slo-mo quality but helpful. Noticed in face-on video my stance was much narrower than normal, and DTL video looked like my hands were reaching out for the ball or something during downswing. Not clear how to describe it, but looked odd. No idea where this popped up from.

Went back to an old lesson from 2 years ago when I was crippled by shanks, and found a feel that addressed the hand thing, and widened my stance back to normal.

Hit about 50 balls with half swings and no shanks. Then another 10 full swings and no shanks. Kind of dropped the priority piece now, just working on finding the ball again, and will get back to it once my confidence is back.

Leaving for vacation tomorrow after work, so just indoor putting and hopefully a few rounds if I can carve out some time for it. 

-Peter

Day 53

Played 18 today. Some positives and some bad. Could not hit driver or 3W at all, but I really liked how I hit my Hybrid and irons. Good ball flight. The new swing seems to be taking. I’m not reading too much into my driver since it’s mostly been better. 

Back to Day #1

Chipped in back yard with 9 iron, focus on landing in 3' diameter circle from 10 yards.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Day 20 - played scramble today. Hit some great shots. Had Closest to Pin with hitting 175yd ball to 1ft.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 5 - Range work today. Used MEVO and played with driver settings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 105.  Putting practice, real green, real putter, real golf balls.  4' around the world drill (took 20 putts to complete;  not great).  6' took me 25 putts (I want to get that regularly under 24). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 295

Knocked some putts around the living room.

-Peter