6,965 posts / 345364 viewsLast Reply

Day 7, played 18 by myself again today. Got to the course and no one was there. Played in 2:20 walking. Had a few bad shots, but for the most part played pretty well. I shortened my swing a bit for better control. My distance is down since my injury, so I have been going up a club for approach shots.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 282 - October 5, 2020

Played nine holes. Hit a great pair of shots on the seventh, but then hit my putt one-handed while talking on the phone with the other with a college kid. Could have made eagle. Probably wouldn't have, but they were two great shots. Great hybrid on 4, good second shot on 1, great 3W on 8 with a good 9I after that. Good tee shot on 5.

Lots of good shots.

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Day 21 - played in modified scramble today. Hit it well today

We won - got $400 in merchandise :-) first time winning any organized tournament (granted it was a modified scramble). I hit two shots from 200yds out to less than 8ft :-) 

Day 108.  Spent half an hour putting, although this particular green makes it tough to do drills (few holes, often occupied).  Still, felt productive.  Glad my favorite evening green in the area has reopened!  Real green, evening under the stars (and lights), real putter, real balls. 

Day 8, range work. Focused on staying connected and not taking the backswing too far. I seem to get long on the course and lose control at times.

Day 298

Played another 9 holes. Scored 46 which is not much of an improvement on yesterday’s 47.

Hit it pretty well, and didn’t lose a ball until the last hole when my rear foot slipped out hard on the downswing and I hit a weird, chunked block onto the driving range adjacent to the hole.

Today I had a much better feel for the speed of the greens so putting was good. But I left myself in a lot of bad spots on approach shots. Technically they were “near” the green, but the lies were so awful I had essentially zero chance of getting up and down.

I feel like I’m striking the ball better than I’m scoring, so feeling pretty good heading into a lesson next week. 

Day #5

Worked on 3 Hybrid w/ impact labels. Making solid contact much more frequently.

Day 109.  Wind down after work today included ten minutes hitting balls indoors (off a mat, into a net, real balls). 

Day 299

Played 9 again, scored 41 this time. Another pretty good round of ball striking with no lost balls.

Did have to take 1 penalty stroke from a ball that landed in the bottom of a dry creek. I could have gotten club on the ball, but doubt it would have gotten out of penalty area, so went back along the line and dropped.

Day 9, worked on backswing length with 6 iron and driver. Filmed it and sent the driver into my Evolvr instructor.