IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 348 - December 12, 2020

Good 20 minutes of practice this morning before my juniors showed up for their Saturday sessions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9 December 12th.   Loaded my phone with a metronome app in preparation for using it as I practice chipping/short pitches.  Then went to the range and worked for a little over two hours... on the same things, more rotation on the backswing, with more wrist cock, staying in posture, and having a more complete finish... I tend to stop rotating my chest so I short arm the finish... well my term for it.  Used the Swingwyde as a helpful feedback tool.  Then blasted out 25 drives to finish up... preparing for the new year challenge :-)

Day 61: Range work before it gets cold and snowy. Worked a little high, low launch practice then finished with long chips and pitches to their short game green. Worked with different clubs from PW to LW.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10 December 13   My body is finally healthy enough to get back on the plan!!  I am determined to finish the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge from the book, "How to Train for Golf like an Olympian."  Last month I had to abandon the plan due to pinched nerve in my mid-back.  Now I am ready to start again!!  Today I did various technical swing drills, motion drills and club awareness drills... which amounted to 18 drills -- hitting 8 balls with each drill.  In between drills I worked with the Swingwde and hit 3 balls.  For a total of 198 balls over a three plus hour period.  So this is DAY 1 of the Tour 25BluePrint Challenge.

Now to work on my mental skills activities!! Meditation, "Greatest Hits Journal" and some pre-round visualizations for a round this coming Wednesday. 

Day 365!!

Rain today, so just did a bunch of indoor putting and some mirror stuff. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 349 - December 13, 2020

Good 20 minutes of practice this morning after some work.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 62: Chipping in the basement.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 11 December 14    Monday's are my off days from practice -- except for putting down a 3 foot ruler in my office and some work on my swing in the garage.  I hit 50 putts down the ruler... had 2 roll off before making to the end.  Work on this continues until I can make 50 in a row, then graduate to an even more narrow ruler.. AKA the Harold Swash Rail.

In addition to working on my putting skills, I spent an hour plus on a Zoom call focused on the mental side of the game.  I do at last three of these hour long plus calls each month, plus homework and reading and an online course.  Trying to help my mental game catch up... so I am firing on on all cylinders.

Day 366

Warmed up hitting some 7-irons into my net. Worked on tempo today, since I feel like I am starting to rush transition a bit. Did a superspeed workout, and then hit a few more 7-irons.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 350 - December 14, 2020

Backswing work in the mirror in the living room.

Day 1

Got a great session in working on center contact starting at 1/4 then 1/× and finishing with 3/4 swinging with my 6,7,8 and 9 irons.  Finished off with my Driver as well.  Utilized my alignment sticks and izzo swing band

Also big sklz club session dispersed in this with my gold flex and swing tempo.

Lots of stretching from calves, hamstrings, low back and shoulders.  Did neck pt 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 63: It’s 30F out with a 15 mph NWN wind. I’m from New England so I’m thinking shorts weather!😜 Actually went to the range to work with a set of Edel wedges I picked up, 52, 56 and 60. I’ve been playing 50, 54, 58, but my Titleist PW is 47. I wanted the gaps to be better and wanted to have a 56 sand wedge. They feel pretty much the same and launch just a tad higher. I was able to work on partial shots and short to long chips and pitches. This range has a short game area you can hit into from the mats.

Later I did SuperSpeed work and used the 60 in the backyard. Practicing my lob shots so I can finally catch one!

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 12 December 15th..  Second day of the Tour 25 Blueprint Challenge

Spent an hour on the putting green divided between putts less than 5 feet and those over 30.

Spent an hour around the chipping green working on turning through the ball, turf-club interaction and rhythm.

Spent 3 1/2 hours on the range working through 21 drills which focus on Club Awareness and Motion (the motion of your swing).. in between each drill I hit a 3-wood that had the Swingwyde connected to it.  I hit 231 balls and lots of practice swings.  Then finished off with 30 wedge shots to 50 and 75 yard targets, and then a pin at 60yards.

• Administrator

Day 351 - December 15, 2020

Created some videos and had to make some swing motions in creating them. Also went for a walk, but that doesn't count.