IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 426:

Played 18, working on recentering move. It went okay, but need to get more practice in. Finally got all the gear together to setup Mirrorvision, so I can get some good, immediate feedback.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 122: Worked on chipping again in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 412 - February 13, 2021

Practiced for 15 minutes after my Junior Elite Program.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 40 (Feb 14 2021) - Took yesterday off, time with missus relaxing at the beach place watching Speith nail the eagle on 16.  Worked on mirror work - focusing on arms, especially on impact and follow-thru .  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 123: Finally warmed up enough to do outside work. Spent time on my priority piece and filmed 6 iron and driver. Then did SuperSpeed. Heavy clothing is slowing me down though.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 40 - straighter right elbow in BS

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

DAY 73  February 14th.   Well back in the garage this evening.  Working on more rotation and less sway on the backswing and more rotation and less lunge on the downswing.   Using the Bender Wall idea, which I have nicknamed the "Juan Wall"

Day 427:

Did some warmup with COVID-19 day-5 drills and some full swing 7-irons. Then a superspeed workout (not a very good one). Finished with some mirror work indoors using my mirrorvision setup.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Ok, going to set some recurring reminders in my phone. Lets get this started for 2021! 

Day ONE! 

Went up to Erie, PA for my first lesson of 2021. Worked my weight shift, my club path in the backswing and my set up. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

You don't get red text on day one Matt @saevel25!

Day 413 - February 14, 2021

Bunch of slow motion swings in 15 minutes before kids showed up at 9:05 for the Junior Elite group this morning.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

You don't get red text on day one Matt @saevel25!

fixed

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Day 41 (Feb 15 2021) - to soggy to be outside, worked on 1/2 swings with the old McGregor Souchak 7i with wiffle balls down the hall.  Hitting off the carpet (pile is long enough to show impact path of club) in the Master to the bathroom at the other end (no one home but myself).  Mirror drills before to help lock in the swing, hit about 30 balls total (6 groups of five), followed by more mirror work.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 2 

Worked on weight shift to right foot and backswing path. Did 30 good drills. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Day 124: I sent in a video to my Evolvr instructor and he gave me a new piece to add to what I am working on. I’ve improved rotation but still am raising my upper center before impact. Now I want to flatten the shaft more from A4 to A5. The drill he gave me is take it to A4, then flatten and stop at A5. From there, rotate through impact to A8.

I did this outside and filmed to send back in. Of course it started to rain. I got in video of Driver and 6 iron. I did try a few 60% swings. The feel is almost a looping Furyk swing feel or letting the head fall behind me from transition.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 41 - straighter right elbow on the range.

driver- B

woods - started out D, progressed to B

irons- started out C, ended solid A

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 414 - February 15, 2021

15 minutes or so before a student showed up. He was a little late, so the work I was going to do later, I did then.

DAY 74  February 15th.   For those reading this... it is start of the LECOM Suncoast Golf Classic this week.  It is a Korn Ferry tour event.  My team is responsible for organizing and distributing the uniforms for the 300 plus volunteers, and feeding all the volunteers and caddies.  So 6:15 a.m. at the course... and returning home about 4 p.m. for the next 7 days.  Seems like a normal work week before I retired.

So now I am just back from 5 minutes in the garage working on more rotation and less sway on the backswing and more rotation and less lunge on the downswing.   Using the Bender Wall idea, which I have nicknamed the "Juan Wall"

Edited by JuanTheGolfer