IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 65 (March 12 2021) - get-a-round "in" Friday.  Today son, grandson (4-1/2) and I played 18 at our 2nd fave course.  For me it was a day to work on swing mechanics and analyzing what did not go right on the previous shot.  However I did not purposely make swing changes, but rather if I noticed I was more left with the irons I adjusted to a target more right.  A great exercise in course management.  Looking forward to tomorrow - its sandpit Saturday as we are staying at the beach place this weekend.  Should get some good work on irons out of sand tomorrow. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 19.  At lunch, I hit a few 8-iron shots to warm up, and then did Speed Sticks protocol one.  112 mph was max on green stick, achieved at onset not "three hard ones" at the end.  Seems up in the air if I get my highest speed in the last set or not.

Day 66 (Mar 13 2021) - took to the sand today working the old Spalding Johnny Palmer 9i in both hard pack and soft sand at the beach.  Hard pack - worked on consistent contact (minimal divots) and the soft stuff (getting the sand to lift the ball).  Got some really great splashes of sand - working the ball downwind.  On the hard pack, reminded me of the love I have fir the “thwack” and feel a blade makes on solid contact.  

90A4B391-D13A-4858-98D0-E2A18645B51A.jpeg

Edited by WillieT
More details

• Administrator

Day 440 - March 13, 2021

Fifteen minutes after the students were gone for the day. Worked on keeping the shaft / during the backswing. Shanked two of the first four, but good after that. Starting to feel the freedom/speed again.

Day 20.  I did hit balls indoors (6-iron and 8-iron, off a mat, into a net, real balls), and I intended to get to a real range to get video but the range was full and I didn't have the time to wait and hit balls.  Will try for the real range again Monday morning (should be more free but you never know these days).

Day 454:

Played 18 this morning. I used a new feel for backswing, feeling that my right hip is higher than my left, to help flow forward. Also changed my pre-shot routine, and alignment method. Played well overall, so pretty happy with the new feel and pre-shot/alignment changes.

Day 1.  Jumping on the thread, seems like a great way to stay motivated. 

30min. Working on impact with wedges at driving range.  Little bit of distance control, but mostly trying to improve lower body motion and consistency. 

Followed by a few minutes of lower body focus with driver. 

Day 67 (March 14 2021) - Worked on the putter grip today.  Not been happy with putting performance of late - too many near misses, i.e. lip outs either just right or just left.  Am toying with an interlocking finger grip that has the palms opposite of each other - the index fingers framing the grip.... 

• Administrator

Day 441 - March 14, 2021

Pi day and I have had no pie!

A student didn't show up (I didn't think he would), and I set up the Live View Pro. I'm so glad I did! The instant feedback was great. So much easier than filming, trimming, etc. MirrorVision will do similar things, but the swing triggers worked great, the instant playback without having to do anything was great, etc.

So effective. I might write up more (I'm doing a review eventually) in my Member Swing topic here soon. Planning to do it again tomorrow.

Day 21.  Speed Sticks, protocol one.  Swung much slower than usual today, not sure if that's because I did a nearly 10 mile hike this morning or what?  Wasn't a deliberate decision;  if anything, I'm trying to swing as fast as I can when I use these.

Day 68 (15 Mar 21) - Developed a small blister on the bottom of my left foot in the grafted skin area from way too much walking/twisting on Fri & Sat.  Having to back off weight transfer and rotation of the foot in the downswing.  Today - took it easy with the some 7i half swings, working on keeping the iron face more "closed" at impact.  Having to consciously think about protecting the foot really helps with the swing process, for me at least as I focus on "minimizing" the torque being applied to that "super thin skinned" portion of my foot which is also a high pressure point. I have found that flaring the front foot about 45deg really helps in that area.