IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12 (19 Dec 21) - Soggy Sunday as it has rained most of the day.  Was able to get outside and spend some time with the 58deg and making pitches given soggy ground.  Good exercise to work on utilizing bounce to keep from digging trenches.   After about 30 min, the rain started back so I cleaned up the club and returned to the warmth of inside.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 5 (12/19):

"Dry fire" swings in living room for the "league minimum" [5 min]. 😁

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 140:

Attempted to play 18 this morning, but there was a 2 hour frost delay so only made it through 9 before leaving.

But I did get 2 hours of practice in before the round. Putting (mostly working on reading  break on the practice green), short game (chips and pitches), driving range (worked on backswing and transition slowly).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 49 - December 19, 2021

Some swings between and during Junior Elite Program stuff today, and before sessions today. Demonstrated a lot of the "flow" stuff as well as swings with the Torc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 60 (12/20/21) Putting practice; today I experimented with ball position, grip and tempo. Then worked on line and speed.

I decided to switch to arm lock putting because I am able to get a truer roll with this method. Therefore much of my indoor practice time this winter will be spent of dialing in my stance, ball position, grip, etc., before taking it to the course in the Spring. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 13 (20 Dec 21) - Right hand only bounce drills with the 54 and 58.  Followed up with several 5 swing groups emphasizing getting the bounce in play.  Ended the session with some chips with the 7i.  With the backyard grass longish,  not much roll happening.  Worked on low flights keeping air time to around 10-15 yds.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 419: Did Fit for Golf Phase 3 Workout B in the morning. In the afternoon, spent a bit of time working on A6 through to A9 feels in the basement hitting partial shots.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 141:

Lesson today, mostly on backswing adjustments, it was the hips' turn this time. Also small grip adjustment with position of right-hand thumb on the grip. Was hitting the ball really crisply after adjusting to the changes.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 50 - December 20, 2021

Ten minutes or so (maybe 8 or 9) with the takeaway, up into the backswing, and then not really caring about hitting the ball from there. Starting to feel better. Easier.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 6 (12/20):

Played "around the world" on the practice putting green [15 min].

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Day 14 (21 Dec 21) - Rain coming in, grandson dealing with bronchitis, so opted to do some putting in the house with the whiffle balls.  We set up a bucket "cup" and most hole setups involve hitting around obstacles.  By varying the layout, you are forced to work on proper pacing to set up for the next shot.  It is an easy drill that lets me work on lagging the ball.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 61 (12/21/21) - Practiced short finesse shots with my 58* wedge (pitching motion/use the bounce method), and 6-hybrid bump and run (putting motion with my 6H). 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 420: Worked on my priority pieces for about 40 minutes and filmed them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 142:

Got in about 15 minutes of working on my hip turn priority piece before it started raining. Rain predicted every day for the next week, so looks like a lot of indoor rehearsals past Christmas (through next Tues).

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 51 - December 21, 2021

Got downtown early and hit some balls before some GEARS sessions.

Day 17. 12/22/2021

30 day Covid-19 practice plan day 16 (double stork drill)

Nice drills to exaggerate what it feels like for how the hips and side stretch work. Especially the follow through for me, I found focus on that feel works well. Not particularly for ball flight results right now, hitting inside into a net, but simply getting to that feel/position. No surprise it’s not a feel I’m accustomed to! Loving these Covid-19 practice plan drills.

Under construction, signature and game.