IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 13:

Hit balls with 7-iron, working on transition feel. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 25: Did some mirror work. Working on set up - knees bent and hips over heels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 99 (01/30/22) - More putting drills today. I started with right hand only putts (my right hand is in the claw position) for feel then placed two balls just outside the width of my putter head and putted balls in groups of three, swinging the putter head between the balls, and trying to line them up. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 53 (30 Jan 22) - Worked on the anti-chicken wing drill today with the 8i making short easy shots around the yard.  Plan to videoing this to post in the Member Swing section next week. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 14:

Played 18 this morning. New transition move is a work in progress, but the good shots were really good, so I feel like I have something solid to build on with this. Hit an uncanny number of tree limbs on approach shots and short game shots today which lead to a couple 8s and more double bogeys than I would have liked; some were bad luck and others were just the result of being in a bad position. Had a nice birdie on the difficult par-3 #16, which is nice to check off early in the year.

-Peter

Day 461: Two hours of shoveling cut into my practice time. So I just did some setup and backswing work in the basement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 91, January 30, 2022

Hit a bunch more chips with some juniors today. Hit one good "hit and stop" shot with Sophia, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38: 1/30/2022

I got ten minutes of mirror work in first thing this morning. I thought I was going to do a bunch more today. But nope, that was all I did. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 26: More mirror work. Still working on set up. Mostly need to bend my knees more to be better. Like where my hips are at right now. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 39: 1/31/2022

Got up early today. I did my mirror work before going to the office. I think I did a better job today and yesterday keeping this little hitch I like to add to my swing away. It seems to help if I drive my hips a little earlier in the swing. >>> that probably doesn't make sense to most of you, but it's a piece I'm working on. 

I also got some nice putting drills in today. Almost all bead work except for a few attempts at the 4-foot progressive putt challenge. Which I was able to achieve a new low of 10-1/2". So, there's that. 

I've also done my ladder drill at 6', 12' and 18' several times already up and down the ladder. I've left it set up and pretty much every time I get up from my desk I run up and down the ladder. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 462: Setup, mapping and punch drills in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 92, January 31, 2022

Ten minutes before a lesson today where I focused a good bit on the downswing and left hip "crunch" move.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 100 (01/31/22) - My back is still pretty sore from storm cleanup so I limited today to a few minutes of chipping work with the "dime" drill.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 16:

Just did rehearsals today, using LVP camera. I really wanted to do full swing work outdoors with net/ball/Mevo+ today, but I slipped and tweaked something in my upper back trying to retrieve a ball from a creek during my round yesterday (not worth it), so taking things easy for a couple days.

-Peter

Day 54 (31 Jan 22) - Able to get in the backyard today and work on setup including the anti-slice drill.  Kept all shots to 1/4 swing and focused on finishing with arms extended and not lead arm collapsed.  Planning to work up to 1/2 swing on this drill to build more speed in the coming days. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 93, February 1, 2022

Good long session today on the GEARS. Feel like I learned a good bit about some things. Helped re-prioritize a little, let me know I'm doing well on some things, and I can kinda put them in the rear-view mirror. I'll update my Member Swing topic with more.