IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

4/16/18:

Day 381:

Did some A4 to A5 work again today most of the focus was leading my body into a good position so my weight is forward. Also trying to get in a good spot where my head stays steady as well.

106 of 106 in 2018.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 106

More putting practice this morning. Actually more green reading, using my full routine after I get to my ball. 

First I look at the putt from behind the ball just to get a basic read. Next, if I notice a low side, I walk to the back of the hole along the low side, and take a read. Hopefully I see something similar to what saw from the front side. On the way back to my ball, when even with the hole, or hopefully even with the low point, I look for a point above the hole. That point is where I am going to aim my ball, and hope for the best.

Alot of times if I don't see a noticeable break, I skip the above routine, and aim for the hole. I tend to hit fast putts 

Note, when on the course walking up to my ball that is on, or near the green, I am already looking for slopes before starting above routine.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 60- 6ft putts for bead at work over lunch break; I hope to play Sunday if I don't get rained out

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 21 - Shoulder turn work then golf specific exercise. Cold, wet, miserable day today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 11 of 13:

Worked on Lag putts today. Completed the drill from LSW working on hitting three balls at a target distance. If I could get 2/3 balls within 10 percent of target distance I moved back to the next distance. 1/3 I would stay at that distance. 0/3 I would move up five feet to the next closest distance. I completed the entire drill every five feet from 25 feet back to 50 feet. I only had to move to a closer distance one, and the distances that gave me the most trouble were 35 and 45 feet. I completed the drill in roughly 20 minutes. 

DAY 147    Bored being inside since it is a little chilly and WINDY today.   So spent time with my Impact Ball and shortened golf club to work on backswing and top of backswing.    Also did a lot of small projects so when tomorrow comes I will not have them to do so I can enjoy most of the day on the range and golf course.

• Administrator

Day 73 - April 16, 2018 - Pitching practice. Used a little less hand action. It's tough to pitch off mud, but that's what we've got these days, so I wanted to fine tune that a little bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 61- 40ft lag putts for speed work over lunch break

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

4/17/18:

Day 382:

More practice with my A4 to A5 drills, along with a couple impact drills Craig e-mailed me. One was trying to feel as if you were sweeping the turf with a broom to get the dust off the "floor". Through all of this "bi-polar" weather, that "Spring" has brought to Upstate NY, I remain perfect for 2018, and have continued my streak. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Will continue to swing a weighted club 20 times a day even when I play. To strengthen and stretch my muscles! 

Putting this evening!

Day 107 cool & breezy

Just a straight putting morning session. 

Stroked 25, 1 footers. 20, 2 footers. 15, 3 footers. Lastly 10, 4 footers.  Made 92% of them. My intent was to make all of them. 

After that, I stroked 10 more balls in the 30' +/-  range. Intent was to get the first putt close. Then, make the second one. The pin I was aiming for had a left to right break nearer to the hole. Most of the putts ran 10' +/-  past the hole. 

In My Bag:

Day 12 of 14: 

Driving Range today. 3 wood off the tee. Hit 20 balls (after my warm up) going through my routine and set up and tried to keep 80% of the balls within my shot zone. Started off REALLY well, but ended up getting 15 of 20 balls within my shot zone for a 75% "score". Had about 10 balls left so I hit partial wedge shots to a flag about 40 yards away. tried to land it in different spots. I am really enjoying my new pitching technique...I think its going to make these shots a lot of fun again. 

DAY 148    Spent two hours plus on the range working on staying in posture and downswing sequence.   Then played 14 holes... the course was crowded so we skipped 12-15.  Still have a ways to go to bring the range to the course.... though I was only 4 over par for 14... missed 4-5 birdie putts short of the hole and on a good line.  Grrr....

Day 22 - 30 minutes Net work. Focused on my pitch elbow work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 74 - April 17, 2018 - Practiced when I went downtown with the kiddo. Slow backswings. Fast downswings. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 108 Perfect weather.

Nothing but 4+/- footers today, using only one ball. This meant after dropping the ball, I had to refocus on making the putt. Making the read, finding my aim point, taking my stance, alignment,  and then stroking the ball. Rammed in 43 of 50.

In My Bag:

4/18/18:

Day 383:

Worked on a couple impact drills with Craig today. Had my lesson today. My A4 to A5 position is good now we're just fine tuning, so the 160 yard 6-irons are now closer to 180 yards.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 62- range work today; hit through the bag, but spent 70%-ish of the time on 130-160yds with focus on steady head and centered turn. I've noticed the last few range trips have been significantly better...I think of this has to do wit me being intentional about slowing down my tempo.

-Jonny