IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 14 (27 Jun 22) - Played 18 today at the local course with son and grandson.  Good day to work on course management.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 161:

Worked on some dynamic stuff slowly with 7-iron. Then hit 15 balls with 4-iron at full speed, doing a full pre shot routine before each ball. Plan to do this with Mevo+ later this week to see how it impacts shot quality. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 242 - Today went to Mulligan's Island, hit a small bucket and spent some time on the Pitch n Putt, as follows:

Range: Hit a small bucket, starting with short wedge shots (including Sieckmann's right hand only drill), LW to PW, hit a couple of flighted shots with each wedge as well, then hit drivers, 9W and 7H.

PnP: Hit 10 "finesse" wedge shots each with UW, SW and LW to the green, calibrating total distance. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 611: Range today working on the same piece. Some small progress but it’s going to take time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8: 6/28/2022

Had a good day. Did three 10-minute sessions. First one was just mirror work (all set up). 
Then I spent 10 minutes working on my backswing priority piece.

Then I spent 10 minutes working on my hands priority piece. 

Both 10 minute sessions were in the garage on the mat into the net. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 15 (28 Jun 22) - 9 hole best ball with the church men’s group.  Used the non-pressure to just play, had best approach shots of the year.  

Edited by WillieT

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 114.  I just hit my 51st ball of working on the step drill from my latest Evolvr lesson today.  Indoors, off a mat, into the net, real balls, all with a 6-iron.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 240, June 28, 2022

10 minutes of work in the morning while the car was doing the annual inspection.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 162:

Transition rehearsals for feel I’m working on, and some static driver setup practice. No time to hit balls today. 

-Peter

Day 243 - Played 18 today at North Kingstown with @boogielicious. I shot 84, with 30 putts and no 7s.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 16 (29 Jun 22) - Worked on pitches in the backyard with the CBX 58 and my old Vokey 260-08 60deg.  Focused on engaging the club bounce and staying committed thru the swing.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 612: Played 18 today at North Kingstown with @Bob M. Worked on my feels during rehearsals. Played okay but more work to be done.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 241, June 29, 2022

Practice before lessons today downtown. Kept it short. Left thumb mildly sore. Will be fine, but didn't grind too hard.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 9: 6/29/2022

I too have a left thumb injury... 🤔

Anyway, I worked on my priority pieces again today with both the 5 iron and the 8 iron. Hitting ball into the net in my garage. 

Then I played 9 holes in league tonight. Hit the ball really well, kind of weird because it was the worst score I've posted all year. For one, the greens were really fury. I left many putts well short. I've generally been putting better of late. Is it also possible I hit the ball too well? I flew the green a lot. Seriously, I think I flew the green 3 times in 9 holes. Put me in deep trouble every time. Also, there were 3 times I ran out of fairway on drives. I was reaching stuff I really didn't expect to reach. Made a really nice birdie on hole 6 though. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 163:

Worked mostly on driver today with almost golf balls. Did some work on static change, then a bunch of rehearsals, and then some full swings. Made some improvement on the push start line, and ever so slight drop kick (graze the ground), at least for today. 

-Peter

Day 115.  I only had time today for 20 balls in the same drill as yesterday, but I did find the time.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 613: Played North Kingstown again in an early round. Played much better with the driver. I focused on slowing the backswing and transition down and let the backswing finish then start transition more smoothly.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 116.  I spent 10 minutes on the step-club-step-club drill this morning, followed by 5 minutes of hitting full shots with a 6-iron;  I will be playing later today. 

-- Michael | My swing!