IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

(Yesterday, September 8, was a missed day)

Day 186.  When I got back from my trip, I hit a half dozen practice shots (2 tilt 1 elbow, 2 tilt 1 elbow).  I needed to focus on slow rehearsals, and it was late in the evening so I couldn't really do much else (I was not about to swing fast this late at night). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 313, September 10, 2022

Hit balls for 15 minutes downtown. I'm close to moving back into entirely downswing feels/thoughts, so that's good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 316 - Worked on some Pete Cowan chipping drills today. First chipped about 20 balls each with (i) last two fingers of my LH and overlap finger of RH off the club, then (ii) tried the cross handed drill (Matt Fitzpatrick apparently chips this was most or all of the time) which is really awkward feeling, but does get you moving the body, rather than relying on arm swing. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 4 - Played 9 this morning at NK with a couple of friends. The club tournament was in front of us, so yes it was slow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 53, 9/10/2022

I did a bunch of house projects today and my elbow is giving me fits. So, I decided to just work on putting on the mat in my office. I did Day 15 of the 30-day-Covid-19-Challenge. Which as we all know is basically all bead work. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer
type-o

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 1 Short  game is my weakness and I practice indoor chipping and putting most days.  Tonight I chipped and pitched for about 75 minutes, and holed 4 chips- the most for me in a single session. I normally stop after holing one, but wanted to lock in the changes.  Putted around the clock, as an Aimpoint student, and worked on 3-5’, and 30’ putts. Good session for me!

Day 88 (10 Sep 22) - Rainy day, so no outside work today, so today was about mirror work focused on takeaway up to top of backswing.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 47 (9/10/22): I had alot of time to practice today, and did it all on the simulator. I did range sessions, simulated rounds, and some Hack Motion work. In Hack Motion, I was fairly consistent with my wrist angle at impact, but was going into a bit too much lead wrist extension at the top (about 2-3 degress more than recommended). But it was consistent, and I was able to fix it about half the time by the end of the practice session. The main range session came after the simulated rounds, and I decided to do speed work. I had been hitting the ball fairly solidly and was warmed up and I thought it was a decent time to do speed work. I was able to get swing speed above 100 mph for most of the session, including a few swings in the 110-114 range. I cracked 150 on ball speed twice, which is pretty good for me. My typical "gamer" club head speed is more like 94 these days (sad trombone sound), but I hope to improve that ). FWIW, I shot 74 at a simulated round at Sunningdale's old course, playing it at about 6300 yards. After the speed session, I shut off the simulator and hit foam balls into the screen, working on an exaggerated flattening of the shaft plane in transition. This move is very difficult for me (I feel like I'm going to shank it when I flatten the shaft alot), so for now I'm doing it with foam balls to remove the anticipation of the hit and try to get my body used to doing the move. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

I really do want a long practice session but it isn't happening.  Today was a workday for me after getting back from a trip, and I had social plans in the evening.

Day 187.  After work and before evening plans, I did make time to hit a dozen practice balls, with the same routine as the past two weeks or so.  I'll know tomorrow (plans to play) how well my limited practice lately has been.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 317 - More chipping practice in the yard today, using various lofts. Practiced hitting shots from bare lies, rough, as close to fairway as I could get, etc. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 2 - Putted for 15 minutes using the medium Putting Gate on my indoor putting mat. A little inconsistent on distance but start line was accurate and never hit the gate.  Thought of Greg Milanowycz, from my Golf Equipment Aficionado forum days, who loved golf equipment and new putters, who perished on 9/11.  Good session and good memories.

Day 48 (9/11/22): Today was a repeat of yesterday, sans the speed training. Warm up, hack motion, sim round, then some swing work. Sim round striking was excellent. Had an eagle and 5 birdies. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 89 (11 Sep 22) - Rainy afternoon, worked on putting, rehearsing putts from 3’ - 5’ - 7’ - 9’.  Able mix it up some, used the putting mat for faster green conditions, the carpeting for slower.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 188.  I was reminded today by playing poorly that I really do need to do some longer practice.  5 minutes is better than zero, and daily is better than not, but I really should do a dedicated half hour or longer on a regular basis.

Anyway, today's round was a 92 ESC 91.  😞  But I did birdie #18, thus finishing the composite birdie challenge for the second nine (and yet I have only two for the first nine). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 55: 9/12/2022

Hit balls this morning in my garage net. Got out there early and worked on my priority pieces. 

What I really need to do is get some video. This week, I hope. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 1:

Okay, starting again. Lesson today, got a backswing piece, and if I get that ingrained, I have a downswing piece to move onto. Today after lesson just worked on backswing indoors for a bit. Might hit some balls outside later, depends on when I get home from kid's soccer practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 90 (12 Sep 22) - Break in the rain, so was able to return to drill of last week where I focused on the strengthened grip and setup.  Worked on this for about half an hour, making about 20 full swings hitting balls into net w/7i.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star