6,948 posts / 344667 viewsLast Reply

On 1/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, Lihu said:

More practice swing accelerating at or after A6 to see if I can get a whip in a methodical fashion rather than so "random". Getting more whip by slowing down the transition.

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Almost Tai Chi slow. SS radar shows about the same speed near where impact would be.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 16

Once again posting for yesterday's practice. I did do the practice consecutively; last night was day 16.

15 minutes of putting practice from 3-6 feet. I am getting where I want to be. I am however beginning to understand the need for varying practice, as it is easy for me to lose focus doing the same thing. I am learning to be consistent in stroke and follow through, to focus on start line, to see the path I want the ball to take.

Yesterday was snow, and today sunshine and 10 degrees. Looking forward to getting some outside practice in this weekend, with temps hopefully above 40.

Day 17. Raining.

Indoor putting was the drill today. Rolling the ball over a dime, spotted a foot, or so in front of the ball. 

The dime represents an intermediate target on my chosen line of the putt. Rolling the ball over the dime means I am hitting my line. 

On the course, my chosen line (read) might be wrong, but that's another drill. 

1/17/18:

Started work with my wedge path drill with the soda bottles today. Started with short swings with my 54°. About 25 reps of this with the waist high to waist high swing. It took about 10 or so swings to miss the bottles due to there being 4 of them instead of the recent 2 (inside-out path vs straight path). It will take some getting used to having a 4" wide by 12" long rectangle of bottles of 4 soda bottles to swing through, but it's slow and specific. So I got that going for me.

Day 292.

17/1/18 - 5 minutes more on static mirror work, still going for the knee flex and consequential tidying up of wrist angles at the top and 5 minutes putting on the mat with the template, focusing more on face rotation today.

Jan 17 - I’m a day early,  but I finally started swing a club again. It’s been 6 weeks since my hernia surgery and 10 since the knee surgery.

Today, slow mirror swings at the gym hitting a rubber tee. I focused on what I was working on with my Evolvr instructor, getting my hips to keep rotating from A4 to A8. They were stalling a bit and it was causing a flip.

The feel was pulling my left hip back and up. I won’t hit real balls for a few more weeks, so mirror swings will have to suffice. I will work with foam balls once my PT clears me.

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Almost Tai Chi slow. SS radar shows about the same speed near where impact would be.

Played a round today on my short course for the first time in 3 weeks. The only thing I was doing was this challenge a few range visits, and working on the swing. My short game kind of sucked, but I was really getting on the greens. My long game wasn't phenomenal or anything, but my drives put me where I wanted to be, apparently.

Forgot to mention, I birdied my nemesis hole! A narrow 548 yard par 5 (Brookside Course 2 hole 11) that's so narrow and a tree right in the middle of it. Barely screamed past the tree on the right, but hey, it counts! :banana:

Edited by Lihu

January 17  Day 17    Practiced putting for 10 minutes working on starting the ball on line.  Then played 9 holes at Juliette Falls.  I shot two over par 38 which is not too bad considering the weather was in the low 50s.. and windy.. hitting 7 GIR (78%).  My Goal for 2018 is to average 70+% GIR so I was happy!!  Indoor work for the next two days as it will be very cold -- for Florida.

Day 17

Ten minutes on 3–4 foot putts. Worked on alignment  and stroke. Worke d on follow through.

Spent 5 minutes working on driver setup using grout lines. Goal to improve launch angle for more distance.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, Lihu said:

20 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement.

Day 2 (yesterday) - I got a new club so before my round yesterday, I hit 1/2 bucket of balls, just seeing how it feels and how far and which direction it goes and so on.  I like it! It 

1/18/18:

Continued work with my wedge path drill with the soda bottles today. Started with short swings with my 60°. About 15 minutes of this with the waist high to waist high swing. It took about 5 or so swings to miss the bottles.

Day 293.

Day 18. 

Spent about 30 minutes in a Golf Galaxy today. Hit some putts with different putters. Also hit pitches into a net area. 

Basically just putting practice, and 1/2 swing wedge swing practice. 

Nice store, but left disappointed.

18/1/18 - more time on the knee flex work in mirror. Probably only managed 10 minutes or so - waiting on the evolvr response before I properly go at it and make sure I'm nailing it, but the main piece is improving

Day 18 January 18   Cold outside, so indoor practice in my home office.  Worked with Momentus Strength Trainer and Impact Ball on width in the backswing and rotating into my right hip versus swaying.

Spent a few minutes working on driver setup. Working on getting the ball forward in my stance for better launch. Working on getting shoulders square and head behind ball. Working on visual keys to check setup on course. Working on rules t3nsion in arms atvaddres for more speed.

spent a few minutes as usual on 3-4 foot putts. 

Day Three - I didn't pick up a club, but I read several chapters of Lowest Score Wins... a lot of it seems over my head because of my level of golf and because I can't relate to the numbers (no average women's stats or even LPGA), but I can surely use the concepts to help create my own plan for improvement.