IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Bent a backup putter more upright and putted indoors for about 25 minutes. Focused on an elongated gate drill and trying not to "peek" as the ball left the face.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 323, September 19, 2023

Played 18 holes at Whispering Woods trying to make sure I did my stuff a lot and not worrying about the results. Shot well, hit more good shots than some other things of late.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 98 (19 Sep 23) a long day out of town, put in mirror work in hotel room.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 138 - Proper practice session at the range, irons are getting incredibly consistent when I do my priority piece(s) properly. High penetrating ball flight that is going forever and is very straight with maybe a slight fall down to the right if anything. Exactly what I want to see.

Have to remember to keep doing it with my wedges too, I've noticed I get lazy with those and don't do the right motion and quality of strike suffers.

Did The Stack session tonight too.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 26:

7-iron priority piece to warm up then Stack session. Surprisingly fast considering bad air quality today. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 74: Worked on putting while listening to a presentation. Worked on getting my hands higher at address and my weight just slightly back on my heels. Also working in a mirror to work on my body staying still during the stroke.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 324, September 20, 2023

Worked on things at Golf Evolution before and after a few lessons today. Same things, but doing it fairly aggressively these days. It's not something to do slowly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1: First Stack training after procedure/surgery on Monday. Hit my high for the Full Speed Spectrum in my next to last session. Hit several highs in the other weights. Speed is translating to tee balls on the course. Iron distances have remained about the same.

Day 139 - Mirror work focusing on forearm priority piece. Body was pretty sore from leg day, range session, and The Stack yesterday.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Day 1, 9/20/22

I’M BACK. I played 27 holes today. Nothing to report really. I’ve decided that being “technical” really messes up my golf game. So Tony just has me focus on one thing at a time. He took a peek at my setup recently and noticed, I wasn’t holding my hands straight down, they were too flat. So I’m actually closer to the ball than one might expect. And it helps me stay in position. 12 greens in regulation today on the first 18 (where I kept score). The last nine was more or less just hitting shots.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 27:

Worked on backswing using a Matt Wolff exaggeration feel - it helps with my tempo and inside takeaway. After a bunch of dry rehearsals, hit some balls. I don't think I would swing like this on course, but then again, I was hitting the ball well, at least with regards to start line and center face contact. I did not have Mevo+ to see if there was any extreme curve in either direction. I also didn't film/mirror vision, so it is probably not as extreme as it feels.

Also did a fit for golf workout.

-Peter

Day 99 (20 Sep 23) - hit some putts with grandson on carpet in the shop, working on pace with short putts.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 325, September 21, 2023

Played 16 holes (we skipped 3 and 4 to get past a group) and then went to the range at LP where I hit some wedges and 3Ws and 7Is.

I have to feel like I curl up and out quite a bit. From there the downswing gets a LOT easier.

Day 2: Putting on the practice green at River Falls. Yips returned after a long time using the claw and then a reverse double overlap. Been indoor practicing with a prayer grip, looking at the hole, using a SuperStroke Flatso 2.0. Time to test on a real green.  Preliminary results were promising. Had the good fortune of meeting someone who has been putting while looking at the hole since the ‘90s! He even chipped that way. Will see how things go in future sessions.

Day 100 (21 Sep 23) - played 18 at Minnesott in a 2ball worst ball format.  Except for a couple lost balls, all worst ball shots were not too difficult in terms of lie.  Ball striking is getting more predictable.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 28:

Stack session, more “Matt Wolff” backswing practice while hitting balls, and then some short game drills. 

-Peter