IGNORED

2018 PGA Merchandise Show Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

More and more stuff from the show coming up in my social media feed. 

This clubhead is not much bigger than the ball.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.08.25 PM.png

Comments on M3/M4

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 2.09.24 PM.png

Meh, l like the scooter better

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So it looks like delivery date on Indiegogo page was November last year, delayed to 2nd quarter this year. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this. Not tempted enough to contribute yet.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-genius-ball#/

http://www.gatorgolfmagazine.com/2018/01/24/oncore-golf-einstein-in-a-golf-ball/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

So it looks like delivery date on Indiegogo page was November last year, delayed to 2nd quarter this year. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this. Not tempted enough to contribute yet.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-genius-ball#/

http://www.gatorgolfmagazine.com/2018/01/24/oncore-golf-einstein-in-a-golf-ball/

We have a thread on this:

I don't really get it. Launch monitors make sense to me but why buy $25 golf balls?

It's not practical for practicing because you'd have to chase your ball down all the time (which you can't do on the range anyway) or play it on the course, in which case I don't really need a smart ball to tell me I hooked that last shot and lost $25 to the ravine :-P

• Informative 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

39 minutes ago, billchao said:

We have a thread on this:

I don't really get it. Launch monitors make sense to me but why buy $25 golf balls?

It's not practical for practicing because you'd have to chase your ball down all the time (which you can't do on the range anyway) or play it on the course, in which case I don't really need a smart ball to tell me I hooked that last shot and lost $25 to the ravine :-P

I lose enough balls that I saw land in front of me. Maybe part of me just wants my smartphone to lead me to the asshole who took my ball - me standing there with my smartphone in jerk's face - "See, app says it's my ball. GPS RFID says so."

I'd be curious just to try a box as well, see how it works. The Indiegogo minimal buy in is $50 just for the right to get notified and buy balls when they're ready. The way the team is managing this really puts me off.

• Like 1

Steve

12 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I lose enough balls that I saw land in front of me. Maybe part of me just wants my smartphone to lead me to the asshole who took my ball - me standing there with my smartphone in jerk's face - "See, app says it's my ball. GPS RFID says so."

I don't really have that problem because my ball says "Snell" on it. Last year I also played with pink balls, even lost one on an adjacent hole once and some lady found it and gave it back to me a few holes later because she knew it was mine :-D

12 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'd be curious just to try a box as well, see how it works. The Indiegogo minimal buy in is $50 just for the right to get notified and buy balls when they're ready. The way the team is managing this really puts me off.

They're supposedly $25/ball. I'm not that curious.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, billchao said:

I don't really have that problem because my ball says "Snell" on it. Last year I also played with pink balls, even lost one on an adjacent hole once and some lady found it and gave it back to me a few holes later because she knew it was mine :-D

They're supposedly $25/ball. I'm not that curious.

WAT, $25? Forget about it.

When people banter about there isn't there a gps ball, no one told me there isn't a way for the ball to buffer the magnitude of impact so that the electronics don't break. I heard stuff like range, battery.  That's the interesting take away I got from the video. Whether that's a marketing hype or true, I dunno.

The other thing I was thinking was as wireless charging got better, maybe they were able to build this now because wireless charging of the unit in the ball? 

Steve

Steve

These people posting their passes on social media. I bet someone tried to make a fake one? Key is whether faker gets to gate first?

Steve

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, billchao said:

Last year I also played with pink balls, .

Was it that cold outside? :-P

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

This appears to be a very innovated product.
Not sure of the cost, but it seems versatile to fit many models.
Clicgear models are a popular product for golfers who have push carts.

Club E-Wheels Booster - https://www.alphardgolf.com/

Models.PNG

Club Booster.PNG

CB Models.PNG

Info Club Booster.PNG 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator

@Club Rat, the renderings mean it's likely vaporware until it isn't.

I'm going to be reviewing one of these bad boys soon: https://qodgolfusa.com .

Edit: okay they have some actually produced:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm going to be reviewing one of these bad boys

Nice, I like the versatility of adapting to various push carts and that the component is small and compact for transporting to the golf course.
Looking forward to your review, I did notice MyGolfSpy has reviewed this product and may read it later.

It will be interesting to see other comments from powered pushcart owners as to comparison.
Pros and Cons of push carts, weight comparisons, etc.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

This piece has a list of notable products in the show:

https://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/pga-show-postgame-2018/

Impact Improver - ball head velcro.

Quick-Up Golf Range - instant setup net

Steve

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This piece has a list of notable products in the show:

https://scoregolf.com/blog/rick-young/pga-show-postgame-2018/

Impact Improver - ball head velcro.

Quick-Up Golf Range - instant setup net

I love the testimonials in the first video. “This training aid will improve my body awareness, make me a better person, help me cure cancer.”

The second one looks pretty good.  :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I love the testimonials in the first video. “This training aid will improve my body awareness, make me a better person, help me cure cancer.”

That first one is stupid. :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

That first one is stupid. :-P

Ya think!?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!