IGNORED

Miura Story

Note: This thread is 2060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The inside story behind one of golf's most iconic and mysterious brands is about to be unveiled with the release of the film documentary, Discovering Perfection: The Miura Story, being digitally distributed on March 19, 2018 at http://miuragolf.com/film/.

The short-documentary on the Japanese club manufacturer takes golf fans, documentary  buffs and aficionados of Japanese craftsmanship into the world of the Miura family. Billed as the world's finest forged golf clubs, Miura's story began in 1957 when the company's founder, Katsuhiro Miura, began hand-grinding golf clubs. The documentary, set in three chapters, uncovers the history of the brand, explores its building techniques, and discovers the legacy of the most storied and secretive manufacturer in golf history.

"Behind the world's finest forged golf clubs is a compelling story," says Howard Milstein, Executive Producer. "Since 1957, the Miura family has been hands-on, designing and constructing premium golf clubs that set the industry standard. There's precision every step of the way and this documentary showcases the tradition and incredible craftsmanship that creates one of the most interesting stories in the golf industry."

Chapter 1: The Mystery
Miura's history is deeply rooted in this tradition of excellence, creating a unique ancestry in the manufacturing of steel golf clubs. The story begins in Himeji, Japan, where we uncover the birthplace of the Miura golf club and its founder, "Miura-San", Katsuhiro Miura.

Chapter 2: The Laboratory
The story continues as Miura-san goes on to teach his sons, Yoshitaka and Shinei, the fine art of crafting steel golf clubs. The unique design and manufacturing process is revealed, unveiling the iconic Miura way. Discover what truly makes a Miura club stand above the rest, from a golfer and clubfitter's viewpoint.

Chapter 3: The Golfer's Sword
Although Miura has made a significant impact on the industry's past and present, the story does not simply end as Miura-san, Yoshitaka, and Shinei reflect on their historic contributions to the golf industry. In this epic conclusion, learn what can be expected from the renowned brand and its impending legacy.

The film, supported by Executive Producer Howard Milstein, was captured throughout 2017 by a Canadian documentary film-team that traveled to Japan and throughout North America in putting together this story. By meeting with Miura family members, the American management group, and advocates of the clubs, the film takes a non-partisan exploration route to discovering what goes into these clubs being considered the finest in the world.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

BTW I have previously reviewed three Miura products:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/miura_cb-501_and_blade_2007_irons_review - The CB-501 and Tournament Blade irons.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/miura_icl-601_driving_iron_review - The ICL-601 driving iron.

The Tournament Blades remain my gamers.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

32 minutes ago, iacas said:

The Tournament Blades remain my gamers.

Are those the tiny ones? My fitter sells Miura clubs, and when I got fit for my clubs (ultimately ended up with Wishon 565MCs), I had to try to hit those for fun. Yeah, I could not. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, hilmar2k said:

Are those the tiny ones? My fitter sells Miura clubs, and when I got fit for my clubs (ultimately ended up with Wishon 565MCs), I had to try to hit those for fun. Yeah, I could not. 

They’re not big but I think you’re talking about the Baby Blades.

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

They’re not big but I think you’re talking about the Baby Blades.

Yup, that's them. They are ridiculous. Here they are compared to my old irons (TaylorMade RSi1).

vKe4FkNriulfVYURy5u6gGNsSm3kwf-OU2-w08K86CSYy54SFHuOp4p8HLc1Xhs3qi-p0H0CXDZAWZ2vlYLAU0RqebTc4VD3BjqftBUjrfkFlwioRJIso6RoW5SFT1SWSp3EHPzAXHUB7qysekAY9s2rJmN8seP0G_mGYMj1PIlSRUvyQx9oV1eXg4Q8MZ6rCuMU4n8WjHqyp5YoDCY3aoF0FBCw-l9xnv7sOuxizDV-kxiq6MStwv9mdaC_rkxn7LFyvkubPhy5aEAVO0MShg-l1F5jUd-BiFCMccimFi5Ez1KbhvSWcKxOVdRtV102_pvRreOgyEZm22-TY_rJBIywnor-psVLzmw4cBvKAHWm-e3QonSh0a52QuRZEhUQKwF7RZx0xK7GP3wqWwBKPhpmgnbX768aTYdLqjVVwgO6_EW-FioUTpccr4QFmlPJzCHBkctXP6L5m99RmIZK0iDAufFzh9h1mOmkZ2iXlZRe5n4Nf7oGlL-634PEulVFyydTaKbIHi-2kD2Et1TJ3-OCFP2VuPtLO4cWkGTt11MJa8MKpKRtgUUIh0NnB96o2nFpD0s1gFYhSD7T0aZbItPzZB3x_a1qJdawh8M=w179-h238-no

Miura's are really nice clubs.  Thanks for posting this thread.  I will check out the movie tonight.

I have the MC102's and have been trying to find a nice set of CB 301's.

They are a bit expensive but totally worth it.  Like Butter in your hand.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• 5 months later...

I have same story hilmar2k....fitter had Miura but I ended up with the Wishon's.  The Miura's have an allure and mystique;  good marketing has a lot to do with that.  Nonetheless, they are very high quality clubs, and pieces of art, perhaps the most beautiful club out there.  I had trouble justifying the price....somewhere in the 2-3K (or more) category.  I would have been the envy of the club, based on snob appeal, but I doubt they would have improved my scores all that much, if at all.  I really couldn't tell much difference in feel between the Miura and the Wishons,  Mizunos, or any quality forging for that matter.   But if you want to accumulate style and prestige points while playing a quality club, then Miruras will get you there !!

Intersting side note:  My fitters son is a teaching pro at a local country club.  One of the wealthier members bought Mirua's but after several months, determined he just couldn't play them very well.  In frustration one day, he sold his full (3-SW), slightly used set  to my fitter's son for $700 !!  If I fell into a deal like that, I'd be playing Miuras too !!

• Administrator
On 9/4/2018 at 9:43 AM, ScottyT said:

The Miura's have an allure and mystique;  good marketing has a lot to do with that.

Miura really doesn't have much of a marketing presence. It's almost entirely "word of mouth" and "mystique" and so on.

Most people know nothing about Miura. It's a clubmaker/golf nut thing. I've owned 3 sets since 1998 - my favorite was the CB-201 (my first set) even though the transition from 7i to 8i was clumsy in design. The feel was dense and solid. Hardly anyone knew the name "Miura" and didn't ask when I played them. I don't know why people feel the need to use "snob appeal" when no one really knows about them. Good clubs - generally unforgiving, not enough bounce.

The new designs, I think it's the 9005, are a response to PXG, etc. Don't think it will work for them; they did lose much of their market share, according to my clubmaker, upon PXG coming out, and their sale. We'll see. I demoed the CB-1008 and it was too demanding and I needed more speed. Wish I had the game for their blades. But I'm a realist.

I go with what works for me and am trending back to Ping, Mizuno, etc. and their player's CB's. 

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!