IGNORED

George Gankas Golf

Note: This thread is 2206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone follow this guy or belong to his website? I like his teaching style and recently have watched more of his stuff. My wife says he has replaced Wayne D for me when I'm watching TV in bed. I've followed him on IG for awhile but I just started watching his videos.

Trollin' is the life

28 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Anyone follow this guy or belong to his website? I like his teaching style and recently have watched more of his stuff. My wife says he has replaced Wayne D for me when I'm watching TV in bed. I've followed him on IG for awhile but I just started watching his videos.

I think @nevets88 did for a while, maybe he could talk more about it.

George Gankas just seems to teach everyone the same move in almost every video I've seen and they're all fairly high level golfers.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, billchao said:

I think @nevets88 did for a while, maybe he could talk more about it.

George Gankas just seems to teach everyone the same move in almost every video I've seen and they're all fairly high level golfers.

Yeah most are decent players to great players but there are some beginners too. He is a great instructor and likable guy.

Trollin' is the life

I watched his instruction about a year or so ago. Tried a couple of online lessons although have stuck with regular instructor. His format, don't know if it's different now, is not your typical talking through your swing video lesson, it's all written with photos and was very nuanced. He pointed out some things that helped. Haven't kept up with his website content, there's just too much out there to keep up with. His website is a bit disorganized as there is another site with his name that's not anything to do with him. The Instagram videos, will look at when his student is more someone like an average person as opposed to some guy swinging 110+. 

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've followed GG on instagram and enjoyed some of his over-the-shoulder youtube lessons, though I consider it more entertainment/education than practical advice for my golf.  Be wary about implementing "tips" without someone taking a look at your swing (live or onlineline).  I'd suggest reaching out to George or one of his guys (Jake Gilmer / Jake Ledbetter) directly, if you're interested.  FYI, he had a falling-out with his business partner who was running the GGSwingTips website, and no longer has any affiliation with that site/brand/youtube.

georgegankas.golf has his open letter about the issue.

Well, there is something of a scandal going on with ggswingtips. Apparently, Gankas is stating that the site run by gggswingtips.com is not him, and that is not his site. That's not the way he previously advertised the site. But that's a legal issue.

Apparently, someone else owns the ggswingtips.com site and operates it. He and Gankas had a disagreement. George broke off his relationship with his (not his) site and is building his own member site.

SO I'd hold off until the mess clears.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

That's a scandal?

The dude signed a contract without really understanding what it meant, and people are "taking advantage" of his 15 minutes by making money based on the contract.

That's what I suspect occurred/is occurring.

Not a scandal. Just a guy, likely, who didn't read/understand what he was getting into.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's a scandal?

The dude signed a contract without really understanding what it meant, and people are "taking advantage" of his 15 minutes by making money based on the contract.

That's what I suspect occurred/is occurring.

Not a scandal. Just a guy, likely, who didn't read/understand what he was getting into.

Another viewpoint -

"Someting of a scandal" in that the consumer thought they were getting George, who they thought owned the site, and he represented that it was his site in his words. They were getting a website, but now George says they were not getting him.

This was one of the emails from the site:

Hi Golfer,

I like all backswing positions. How you load in your backswing is way more important than a picture perfect backswing. 

Click Here: For Ideal Backswing Video

Just a reminder to take a look at our free Online Workshop.

Click Here: For Free Workshop

GG SwingTips Golf

So you click and there is George giving a lesson or a tip.

What does GG stand for?

Now George may have been naive, and may not have intended to misrepresent the site and himself and the business dealings to the public. He either received a lot of bad advice or no advice. No lawyer would have had him set himself up like this or have him represent himself and the site as he did.

It is what it is - GG seems like a good guy and maybe he will give a price break to members of the other ggswingtips site who want to join his "real" site.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Even before the dual websites problem surfaced, his website, I had problems signing up, cancelling. It was not designed well, confusing to navigate through. You look at Golf Evolution, Dana Dahlquist or Tyler Ferrell's sites, much much cleaner and properly built. Have not browsed GG's new site, but guessing it's probably improved. I might be tougher to please as I've built websites myself, ymmv.  More so when you are collecting fees. Good help, as always, is hard to find.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I was part of the monthly fee for his website and will say the stuff on there added distance to my swing. I signed up during the winter/spring between my 2nd and 3rd summers playing.

What really bugged me though is how juvenile he is. I got what I needed from the site and cancelled my subscription after 6 months.

About a week later I notice Im not seeing his IG posts anymore. He actually blocked me a week after cancelling my subscription!!

I confirmed this by going onto another IG account.

Dont know if it was him or someone else truly, but I was disgusted by it.

Note: This thread is 2206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!