IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Awesome to see Finau in the last group. Have been following him closely for awhile now. 

Fox's audio constantly cutting out was annoying. 

Like when DJ dropped his F bomb? Lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So now Golf Channel is saying the course played too hard? The were the ones all for a tough test. I do agree that the bottom of the barrel like Berger who was 11 shots back is now in the lead is ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

So if Sergio had ran to his ball (Masters) and hit it back towards the hole before it could roll into the creek...that’d be fine?

No - but it would be the same as what Phil says he did. It wouldn't look the same, but it would BE the same. I think it there should be a rule against it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Shorty said:

No - Mickelson did exactly as they said. He didn't put is putter out to stop the ball or flick it off to the side.

He did "flick it off to the side." It just happened to be toward the hole.

I think they hamstrung themselves when they didn't DQ Daly. I think both should have been a DQ. In fact, my memory of the Daly incident was that it was a DQ.

1-2. I think that applies, not 14-5.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

No - but it would be the same as what Phil says he did. It wouldn't look the same, but it would BE the same. I think it there should be a rule against it.

It’s exadtly the same. Sergio avoids water and Phil avoids rolling off the green to what he deemed as ‘no shot.’ Both ‘stroke’ the ball back towards the hole.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

So now Golf Channel is saying the course played too hard? The were the ones all for a tough test. I do agree that the bottom of the barrel like Berger who was 11 shots back is now in the lead is ridiculous.

Yes - what an outrage. You shoot 66 and it lifts your position. Real "bottom of the barrel" stuff. Someone who has 9 birdies in the U.S. Open in the 2nd and 3rd rounds has no business being in the lead. Ridiculous. 

If it were Tiger or Spieth and they'd made the cut would it be "ridiculous"? NO - it would be an awesome charge.

Edited by Shorty
  • Like 1

All that aside...imagine the crowd if Poulter did that! Phils stunt I mean.

Edited by Vinsk

3 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Daniel Berger from #45 place to #1.....😂   Any wonder The Masters has higher ratings than the US Open.......

Pretty sure that's not the reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Phil didn't get DQ because of who he is.....had it been a nobody golfer I am sure he would've gotten DQ.

Again - (and again) you don't know that.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

He did "flick it off to the side." It just happened to be toward the hole.

I think they hamstrung themselves when they didn't DQ Daly. I think both should have been a DQ. In fact, my memory of the Daly incident was that it was a DQ.

1-2. I think that applies, not 14-5.

Didn’t Daly just walk off? I don’t remember if he was DQ’d.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Didn’t Daly just walk off? I don’t remember if he was DQ’d.

I think I skimmed and read that he got an 11 on the hole.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

USGA went by rule 14-5. Funny how after saying ‘Phil made a stroke at the ball, he didn’t stop it or deflect it.’ 

Reporter then asks, ‘ What would a deflection have looked like?’

NSFW language

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!