IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, fishgolf said:

No kidding.  And once the Poulter/Grace pairing is done, that's it.  Why wouldn't the USGA simply start covering the leader group.

Yeah not sure. The masters coverage was top notch even for online viewers. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just checked PGA radio and they aren't offering free access for this event.  Collusion!! :censored:

Thanks to BBC we can listen in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live

Edited by fishgolf
edit

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

5 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

No kidding.  And once the Poulter/Grace pairing is done, that's it.  Why wouldn't the USGA simply start covering the leader group.

Its a shame they dont appreciate the online viewers.

This 14th hole is crucial for Koepka. If he can get through with par, the last 4 holes aren’t playing that difficult Today and he may have the power to reach 16.

Just as I say that, he screws up his tee shot.

Edited by ChrisP

21 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

whelp there goes my coverage of the featured holes...I wish they would have covered something later than 11!

You can download the fox app and watch the TV coverage live if you have a cable service.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

You can download the fox app and watch the TV coverage live if you have a cable service.

yeah thanks. No cable for me though. Just digital antenna with crappy reception haha. 

1 minute ago, HJJ003 said:

yeah thanks. No cable for me though. Just digital antenna with crappy reception haha. 

Know a family member that will let you sign in with their account?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Nice pitch by Koepka.  Wish I could do that.  Then he spits.

Finau, coming off 13, with an interesting scorecard.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

3 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Know a family member that will let you sign in with their account?

nah I dont. gonna see if I can get BBC radio to work though

and its working...so thats good:) 

Edited by HJJ003

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Shindig said:

"Dustin cannot buy a putt right now" -- I didn't realize this was an option in RoG.  Is it like buying a vowel in Wheel of Fortune?

You can do what Phil did yesterday. The cost is just a few thousand fans and your integrity within your profession.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can do what Phil did yesterday. The cost is just a few thousand fans and your integrity.

Yeah I'm good, not worth it.

Watching the Fleetwood highlight reel a moment ago, I wonder if the folks who aren't happy about the winning score over par would be happier if #14, the longest par-4 on the course, were called a par-5 instead.  It'd be more or less the same golf course, I don't think it'd change players' strategies.  Or maybe if it were a par-5 on two days and par-4 the other two days, based on how long they made it for the day.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Yeah I'm good, not worth it.

Watching the Fleetwood highlight reel a moment ago, I wonder if the folks who aren't happy about the winning score over par would be happier if #14, the longest par-4 on the course, were called a par-5 instead.  It'd be more or less the same golf course, I don't think it'd change players' strategies.  Or maybe if it were a par-5 on two days and par-4 the other two days, based on how long they made it for the day.

The only thing where par plays a role is the mental aspect. Feeling you made a par vs a bogey can change your mindset some. Other than that, it’s just about lowest score.

Under these circumstances I don't like to root for the guy in the clubhouse because you're basically hoping for the guy on the course to choke.

But I really, really hope Tommy wins his first major at the (British) Open Championship next month.

Having someone already in the clubhouse win a tournament like this just doesn't feel right.  Come on Koepka, keep it together and finish out par or better.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

The only thing where par plays a role is the mental aspect. Feeling you made a par vs a bogey can change your mindset some. Other than that, it’s just about lowest score.

Good point.  I have two par-4s at my home course that I think of as par-4.5s (and I used to think of as par-5s).  

Then again, there's nothing stopping the (relatively) shorter hitters in the field from thinking about these as reachable par-5s.  Or if they want to think of it as a par-4.5, the only issue is if they say to the marker that they made "half a birdie" or something.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, fishgolf said:

Having someone already in the clubhouse win a tournament like this just doesn't feel right.  Come on Koepka, keep it together and finish out par or better.

IIRC Rose had to wait a while when he won his title.

• Informative 1

Note: This thread is 2138 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!