IGNORED

Mirror Vision App

Note: This thread is 1162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Twilly said:

Hey Guys, 

Sorry I haven’t chimed in here lately. Just been quite busy with the show and whatnot. Was really cool to see it being used in the gym! Love to hear more about that and how people are using it for other applications. 

Nevets can you explain to me what’s wrong with your recordings. I’m not sure i understand the need for the extra phone on the tripod you were talking about? 

Also, everyone please fire your questions or suggestions at me. I think after the show and now that we have more users, its pretty clear what I need to change and update but always wanting to hear more.

cheers,

Toby 

Thanks for posting Toby. I’ve been using the app a lot and really like it. Do you have an idea of what updates will be coming?

A couple of improvements I would like to see are:

1. recording the video with the iPhone horizontal. Right now, I have to use another app to rotate the video. Posting to YouTube is better in horizontal. I contacted support and they mentioned you are working on this.
  2. being able to trim the video on the app would be nice.
  3. Being able to start the video with a voice command would be cool.
  4. More instructions and support on the app would be nice too. I’ve had to kind of figure out things myself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This looks great, I'm gonna give it a try. I have a two mirror setup for inside, but this is great as it would allow me to keep my head in generally the same place.

I wonder how hard it is to see what's on the iPad when it's sunny out though. I'm a DJ and use my iPad for a controller sometimes. I've done outdoor parties when it's sunny, and it's pretty tough to see what's going on, even with brightness all the way up. To be fair, my DJ app is mostly dark mode, which makes it a lot harder.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:14 PM, boogielicious said:

More instructions and support on the app would be nice too. I’ve had to kind of figure out things myself.

This for sure. If you’ve had any issues figuring this out you can imagine the difficulties for a non-savvy tech person. I downloaded the app. Then ...nothing.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

This looks great, I'm gonna give it a try. I have a two mirror setup for inside, but this is great as it would allow me to keep my head in generally the same place.

I wonder how hard it is to see what's on the iPad when it's sunny out though. I'm a DJ and use my iPad for a controller sometimes. I've done outdoor parties when it's sunny, and it's pretty tough to see what's going on, even with brightness all the way up. To be fair, my DJ app is mostly dark mode, which makes it a lot harder.

It's not too bad. I have tried it with the sun behind me and I can see it ok.

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

This for sure. If you’ve had any issues figuring this out you can imagine the difficulties for a non-savvy tech person. I downloaded the app. Then ...nothing.

I sent them feedback on that. They are working on it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 1/27/2019 at 1:32 PM, Twilly said:

Hey Guys, 

Sorry I haven’t chimed in here lately. Just been quite busy with the show and whatnot. Was really cool to see it being used in the gym! Love to hear more about that and how people are using it for other applications. 

Nevets can you explain to me what’s wrong with your recordings. I’m not sure i understand the need for the extra phone on the tripod you were talking about? 

Also, everyone please fire your questions or suggestions at me. I think after the show and now that we have more users, its pretty clear what I need to change and update but always wanting to hear more.

cheers,

Toby 

Switching between the live view and recording was a little choppy, but since I got a new iPhone, that problem is no more. I was using an iPhone 6S.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I figured out the issue with iMovie and the rotation of the video not staying. You need to launch to YouTube from iMovie instead of from Photos. You guys may have known this, but hey, I'll be 59 this year. I used a slide rule in High School!

So my process for uploading videos is as follows.

1. View video in Mirror Vision app and send to Photos.
  2. Trim for length and where the slow motion starts and ends in Photos.
  3. Send to iMovie to rotate.
  4. Rotate using two figures to correct orientation.
  5. Save changes.
  6. Push the Share button and choose YouTube.
  7. Upload video to YouTube from iMovie.

Scott

My Swing Thread

47 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I figured out the issue with iMovie and the rotation of the video not staying. You need to launch to YouTube from iMovie instead of from Photos. You guys may have known this, but hey, I'll be 59 this year. I used a slide rule in High School!

5. Save changes.

Ok, so in our future updates v2 we’ll allow the app to work in landscape. Hopefully this will solve your issues :) 

At the the moment I appreciate your tenacity. I didn’t realise so many would want the footage in landscape.

5 minutes ago, Twilly said:

Ok, so in our future updates v2 we’ll allow the app to work in landscape. Hopefully this will solve your issues :) 

At the the moment I appreciate your tenacity. I didn’t realise so many would want the footage in landscape.

Those of us who work with on-line instructors or post My Swing videos here at The Sand Trap usually upload our videos to YouTube. The portrait versions get downgraded by YouTube for some reason. So landscape keeps the High Def and is also preferred by instructors (at least mine with Evolvr).

The Mirror Vision app is a really good idea though. I find I am using it almost every practice session.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

This was in the notes of a recent update. Apple made things more complicated for us when it introduced 3 states of connectivity. This looks like a coding nightmare. Yuck.

E1FD3CC1-812B-4224-A59D-0C10698BCD62.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This was in the notes of a recent update. Apple made things more complicated for us when it introduced 3 states of WiFi statuses. This looks like a coding nightmare. Yuck.

E1FD3CC1-812B-4224-A59D-0C10698BCD62.jpeg

I used it yesterday after I updated without issue though.

Scott

My Swing Thread

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I used it yesterday after I updated without issue though.

Me too. It wasn't a complaint, just what seems like a simple app has a lot going on in the background. Everything is so complicated these days. And it's only going to continue to get more complicated.

Steve

On 2/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, boogielicious said:

5. Save changes.

Thanks @boogielicious, I used this process today to upload some videos that I captured with the Mirror Vision app, and made a Member Swing post. Today was my first time using the app, and I loved the viewing and recording capabilities.

One problem I had was initially establishing connection. Neither my iPhone or iPad had cell data, and I had to get my other phone out and use it as a hotspot to enable the mirror viewing ability. That should be a fairly easy workaround.

The other more major problem was battery life. In about an hour, my iPhone 6s battery went from 100% to 1%. I'm not sure what causes it to drain so quickly but that could be a problem. I guess I could bring a battery backup.

The screen brightness of the iPad was my other concern, but it seemed to be ok on a cloudy day. A better test will be on a bright and sunny day.

Overall, I'm very pleased with how well it worked, and look forward to more practice sessions using it.

6 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Thanks @boogielicious, I used this process today to upload some videos that I captured with the Mirror Vision app, and made a Member Swing post. Today was my first time using the app, and I loved the viewing and recording capabilities.

One problem I had was initially establishing connection. Neither my iPhone or iPad had cell data, and I had to get my other phone out and use it as a hotspot to enable the mirror viewing ability. That should be a fairly easy workaround.

The other more major problem was battery life. In about an hour, my iPhone 6s battery went from 100% to 1%. I'm not sure what causes it to drain so quickly but that could be a problem. I guess I could bring a battery backup.

The screen brightness of the iPad was my other concern, but it seemed to be ok on a cloudy day. A better test will be on a bright and sunny day.

Overall, I'm very pleased with how well it worked, and look forward to more practice sessions using it.

I remember my iPhone 6s would eat the battery filming. I got the 8s and have less of an issue. I do use an external battery pack if I am going to do a long session.

Scott

My Swing Thread

My 6S had terrible battery life too. Current model is way better.

Steve

On 2/27/2019 at 7:00 AM, nevets88 said:

Me too. It wasn't a complaint, just what seems like a simple app has a lot going on in the background. Everything is so complicated these days. And it's only going to continue to get more complicated.

I can confirm it is a nightmare haha.. We’ve had to remove iOS 10 and still weeding through a lot of the issues. There’s a lot of cool updates coming but we’ve had to prioritise working through the connection issues. Thanks for everyone’s understanding and support :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Hey Mate,

can you explain this in some more detail? The devices wouldn’t find each other without connecting them to your other phones network?

Cheers,

Toby 

Wish there was a way it could recognize a shot, like the sound of a ball, and send us instant video back to the mirror device for a quick view without manually stoping and doing it

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

12 hours ago, Twilly said:

I can confirm it is a nightmare haha.. We’ve had to remove iOS 10 and still weeding through a lot of the issues. There’s a lot of cool updates coming but we’ve had to prioritise working through the connection issues. Thanks for everyone’s understanding and support 🙂

Question - you're not using Bluetooth right? But you have to account for all variations of its settings in conjunction with wifi?

Steve

Note: This thread is 1162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!