IGNORED

Who Still Makes a 1 Iron?

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Floodj32 said:

I know it's old, but I found this link looking for a 1 iron myself. It is a 16 degree 1 iron.

1_Iron_medium.jpg?v=1602878478

😲 You read that right...A ONE IRON! 💣 Launch low piercing bombs that run 💣 Try it for 60 days on your course Due to high demand, shipping can take 5 days [split]  Why you will love my NEW BombTech 3.0 One Iron I...

I have the Titleist u510 16*. Love it. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I have the Titleist u510 16*. Love it. 

Price point is a bit higher. I will see if I can demo it before going with the Bomb Tech as I have never swung them before or know anyone that swings them. There is something to be said for a trusted brand for sure. Since bomb tech allows 60 day trials, I might try to get it delivered close to a demo day so I can swing it side by side with the Titleist you suggested.

I really miss my 1 iron though. I sold my 1-W ping eye 2's when I got my used G10's as they were +1 shafts and I liked swinging them. I replaced the 1-3 with hybrids but I really dislike the feel of the hybrid clubs. I also miss the utility from having a 1 iron in the bag for low ceiling shots and being 5-10 feet off the green putt like shots.

Thank you for sharing this club recommendation. 

I can only imagine what a good solid shank with a 1 iron would feel like…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I can only imagine what a good solid shank with a 1 iron would feel like…

With enough spin, the ball will end up behind you.

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Floodj32 said:

It was always forgiving for me. It's why I want it back in my bag.

Well now you’ve done it….😄

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Who Still Makes a 1 Iron?

I kind of have to get that Bombtech 1 iron just because. 😂 I've been using a Titleist U500 3 iron lately that is 20 degrees and it is amazing off the tee.  Long live the 1 iron!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

5 hours ago, cipher said:

I kind of have to get that Bombtech 1 iron just because. 😂 I've been using a Titleist U500 3 iron lately that is 20 degrees and it is amazing off the tee.  Long live the 1 iron!

ncates00 above noted that Titelist makes a 16 degree 1 iron, Titleist u510 16*.  https://www.golfdiscount.com/titleist-u510-utility-iron?size=15178&hand=15138&set_composition=18835&shaft=15520&shaft_model=22379&flex=15397&gclid=Cj0KCQjw7MGJBhD-ARIsAMZ0eevMEZzkfw1CMEF2oui-lL0cGKSPttwLyRc37C0XIUYF5Hki5LV6ZREaAnvuEALw_wcB

Price points are just very different.

Edited by Floodj32

What about the Taylor Mace GPR?   The model that has a think iron back should be able to be dialed to 18 degrees.   I have one and it jumps off the club pretty good.   Despite whatever number it has, it's a driving iron.

—Adam

11 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

What about the Taylor Mace GPR?   The model that has a think iron back should be able to be dialed to 18 degrees.   I have one and it jumps off the club pretty good.   Despite whatever number it has, it's a driving iron.

Absolutely it's a driving Iron. I am looking for a 16 degree but an 18 degree is not that much different. 

Yesterday I played with a guy sporting a Mizuno  MP-H5 16 degree 1 iron, made 3 or 4 years ago, they may make something similar today. He had the head speed to hit a really high, Nicklaus like fade with it. The driver was the only wood in his bag. Back when I carried a one iron I still bagged a 3 wood, but back then we only carried two or 3 wedges........

The last new 1 iron I bought was back in the mid 90's  in a set of Mizuno Grads. (Graduated cavity). A fantastic set of clubs, I still rue the day I sold them because I had picked up a set of even better Yonex ADX Tours.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, imsys0042 said:

I had a gapr, but didn’t like it. Don’t like the feel or how high it went. 

Since a traditional 1 iron may be very hard to find I would suggest finding a good 2 iron you like and have it bent or de-lofted to a 1 iron loft.  

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!