IGNORED

Golf Gloves for Arthritic Hands

Note: This thread is 1611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have osteoarthritis in both hands. It's worse in my thumbs and wrists, especially in my right hand. I'm looking for advice on golf gloves for this condition. I wear a regular golf glove on my left hand, but I'm wondering if I need to wear one that helps with the condition. Yesterday, I tried wearing my bulky neoprene brace on my right hand, and I think it actually helped! But, it was hot and the brace got sweaty and gross! Any advice?!

Not really sure how effective the gloves with copper infusion would help, but using soft over-size grips would be the first line of defense for your condition.

15 minutes ago, maritamm said:

Any advice?!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Not really sure how effective the gloves with copper infusion would help, but using soft over-size grips would be the first line of defense for your condition.

I didn't realize they made those kind of grips! I'll look into it! Thanks!

8 minutes ago, maritamm said:

I'll look into it!

Here's an article which may help.

http://golf-atlantic.com/best-golf-grips-for-arthritic-hands-joint-pain/

Arthritis affects millions of people worldwide and is most commonly associated with seniors. Arthritis refers to the inflammation of joints that results from a breaking down of one’s cartilage. Cartilage is an elastic tissue that allows joints to move smoothly, it helps to cushion shock from your movement. As it deteriorates, bones may come into greater contact with one another, giving rise to pain and stiffness that restricts movement at the joints. However, golfers with arthritis can continue to enjoy golf with the right equipment. If you have arthritis in your knee, you can read a review that I have written here about the best golf shoe for arthritic knees. If you have arthritis in your hands, you can consider trying an oversized grip as less tension is exerted by your hands when gripping the club. Several golf grips have been designed for golfers with arthritis. Here, we have reviewed the best golf grips for arthritic hands, joint pain and sore hands.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I have some arthritis in both hands. I use Bionic as my main glove of choice. I feel it best allows be to get a good grip on the clubs without feeling I need to hold on as hard as I can.  Came to this choice with trial and error only to find out that it was my doctor's choice as well. 

I also wear a glove on both hands, with left the bionic and a lighter glove on the right. You may also be helped with a different grip on your clubs.

• Like 2

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

2 hours ago, maritamm said:

Any advice?!

Exactly what everyone has said. I have RA in both hands and wrists, where Bionic gloves on both hands and will probably move to soft Winn midsize grips soon. Keep letting us know what you do that helps you, and we will do the same. Best regards,-Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Larger grips.  When my hands, and thumbs in particular, are at their worst; I can hardly dress myself.  If you have problems with your hands, for whatever reason, you should use mid-size grips...at a minimum.  And don't worry about what larger, heavier, grips will do to the "swing weight " of your clubs.  A static measurement of an inanimate object takes a back seat to your physical well-being.

• Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 11 months later...
  • iacas changed the title to Golf Gloves for Arthritic Hands
  • 4 months later...

Just picked up a BIonic ReliefGrip glove.  Feels like it might help.  I also have been using Larkin Oversized Grips.  Hoping to find the right combination.

My remedy, that helps, is that I will rub some Australian Dream on both hands prior to playing and I use baseball batting gloves on both hands.  

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!