IGNORED

2018 WGC Invitational at Firestone

colin007
Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

44 minutes ago, colin007 said:

These tee shots are just scary to watch...he's just wiping them like he doesn't have a clue

Wipe and make a wish. He should get the birdie train going again on the back nine soon, but it takes a few good shots with only one par five. 11 under seems likely to lead tomorrow. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Wipe and make a wish. He should get the birdie train going again on the back nine soon, but it takes a few good shots with only one par five. 11 under seems likely to lead tomorrow. 

-7 now

Colin P.

I tune in and Tiger hits a par-3 tee shot to less than 2'.  I did that yesterday.  Somehow I was happier to see his than mine... and mine won a skin!

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I don't get Ian Poulter. Capable of such lows and highs. Guess that's just golf. Sometimes it just works for you. 

Remember that great sand shot he hit near the end of a round at the US Open this year when he was in or near the lead?  I mean great for those of us who don't like him, not great for him.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Great TW from TW!  :-) Tap-in par after that drive, nicely done.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

He got himself nicely out of that one, yeah. 

Every time they show Rory he seems to be hitting bad putts or wedges, but he's still hanging in there. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

These tee shots are just scary to watch...he's just wiping them like he doesn't have a clue

I wish he tunes his tee shot down to 80%. It looks like he’s killing them again.

The camera angle apparently didn't do Tiger's shot justice. It looked like he could have a decent stance, but I guess the ground had some angles and stuff we didn't see. 

Drops a shot after missing the fairway there.

Aaaw yiss, great drive by Tiger on 16.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Dang, was celebrating in my dining room and then the putt at 17 lipped out :-( 

-- Michael | My swing! 

I won't miss this course. It looks like a pretty park course and they do give a cozy environment, but the holes are a bit boring and lacks excitement. A 667 yard par five with water guarding the green is just not very interesting.

I haven't seen next year's venue, but a change is nice.

Nearly a birdie for Tiger there, but lipped out. Not turning out to be the day he wanted and maybe needed. Not a lot of guys in front of him, but a sub 65 tomorrow would be good.

Here are some pictures and video from the WGC today...

Haotong Li

Rickie Fowler (sorry for the wonky speed on the slow-mo. I forgot to edit where the slow-mo tapers off)

Bryson

18 from the grandstands

d94F7AgITX+vm4iqepzWTQ.jpg

13 from the fairway

7zUCOGQsR+aGde7+TaZLMA.jpg

12th from behind the tee box

GpUbUHZVQO2Nq2I0KKvWfA.jpg

dZKRJcMVSyS9FaoVka6sPw.jpg

#1 at the right fairway bunker. Li hit his approach shot into the bunker. 

JEwAQA4zRQa0v+zAebL+Ug.jpg

#1 from near the tee box

XddTrIKVTwqqwwmHvfa0dA.jpg

#18 from the right rough

bUD9OChyQW65j6IlbAlCBQ.jpg

#18 from behind the tee box

PrdYr61uR1qwCVPS866nWw.jpg

Rickie Fowler

485kLj1CS2CkwOG4XwHLCg.jpg

#15 from behind the tee box (220 yards)

TPh43qdbTW2wYad3j7lvkg.jpg

Ksyp8YhIQbuNKrPI+Z2zIw.jpg

NSxifw03TjmJ1yf%2788kw.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I was thinking Tiger looked older then his age coming in today. Then in his post round interview it was blamed on his wearing a dark outfit retained heat. You can't make this stuff up... :whistle:

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

1 minute ago, GrandStranded said:

I was thinking Tiger looked older then his age coming in today. Then in his post round interview it was blamed on his wearing a dark outfit retained heat. You can't make this stuff up... :whistle:

Interesting fact, the color black has the highest levels heat emissivity. It's sometimes used in the electrical industry. Since conductors can run higher temperatures than the ambient temperatures. Painting them black actually allows them to cool off faster. 

You could say, wearing white allows you to resist warming more so than wearing black. After the round, lets say you go inside were it is cooler, wearing black should allow you to cool down quicker. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Interesting fact, the color black has the highest levels heat emissivity. It's sometimes used in the electrical industry. Since conductors can run higher temperatures than the ambient temperatures. Painting them black actually allows them to cool off faster. 

You could say, wearing white allows you to resist warming more so than wearing black. After the round, lets say you go inside were it is cooler, wearing black should allow you to cool down quicker. 

I think it's late or my reading comprehension is out.  Am I doing myself a disservice by wearing light colors in hot weather or am I doing it right when I dress that way?

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

I think it's late or my reading comprehension is out.  Am I doing myself a disservice by wearing light colors in hot weather or am I doing it right when I dress that way?

I would say, it doesn't matter...

https://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/light-colored-clothes-in-hot-weather.htm

• Informative 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

14 hours ago, Zeph said:

I won't miss this course. It looks like a pretty park course and they do give a cozy environment, but the holes are a bit boring and lacks excitement. A 667 yard par five with water guarding the green is just not very interesting.

I haven't seen next year's venue, but a change is nice.

Very much agree, just nothing in it to get me excited. Nothing but green, and not in a fun linksy sort of way. Might change my mind as the tournament progresses and i get to know the course. 

Note: This thread is 2098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!