gogolfing

TST Fantasy Golf 2018-19

137 posts / 18126 viewsLast Reply

note to self - remember to check you line up for guys who are not playing/WD  - thanks Marc Leishman, thanks for nothing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

20 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

note to self - remember to check you line up for guys who are not playing/WD  - thanks Marc Leishman, thanks for nothing

Think lots got burned by him....from what I read on Twitter it was a last minute WD so if that is any consequence, it wouldn't have helped if you checked. I looked as soon as I saw it to see if I could get a bench guy in, but they had both teed off so no luck. Good luck this week to all. 

Ugh - my fantasy team is terrible, no one is at par or better, and cumulatively they are currently +14, most are still on the course.

Oh well, there's always next week {price is right loser sound bite}

I was up to the 100's overall and got my days confused and forgot to set a lineup this week. So pissed. Oh well. I dont think there is any way to recover. Huge mistake. 

On 5/26/2019 at 5:32 AM, Antneye said:

I was up to the 100's overall and got my days confused and forgot to set a lineup this week. So pissed. Oh well. I dont think there is any way to recover. Huge mistake. 

I've gotten up into the top 50 a few times, and one back week and I dropped pretty significantly.....tough to recover from it for sure.

Interesting week for me, having almost used up the top guys I decided to save them till the last couple of events in the segment. So I looked through guys I had not used so far and Bingo worked here and in the other PGA-FGP that I am in; so two 1st in one week; but unfortunately I am still well out of the overall running in both of those pools.

Edited by Aces Wild

Ho Hum - started Rose in round one and benched his sorry ass after his 75

Ho Hum - Rose shoots a 63 in the 2nd round for 73 points

Ho Hum - what a crappy season for Club Rat FG ….

On 5/31/2019 at 8:11 PM, Club Rat said:

Ho Hum - started Rose in round one and benched his sorry ass after his 75

Ho Hum - Rose shoots a 63 in the 2nd round for 73 points

Ho Hum - what a crappy season for Club Rat FG ….

I hear you - I'm down to 3 players for the weekend, which is better than last week.
Thanks to JT, JD & Koooooch

Oops I did it again
(somehow didn't pick a team this week - see ya next week....if my old-timers disease doesn't get me again)

Rory, Tiger and Francesco did not have a great opening round.   Good thing I started all three of them!

My phone got so screwed up and I stopped getting my reminders so I missed a whole string of events in a row.  I'm just giving up for now and will join again next year.  So pissed off.  Too busy to remember without my reminders.

Down to the last three weeks....final two with no cut....should be an interesting finish to the season. 

A couple of Canadians battling it out for top spot....good luck @Warren Zevon, and to everyone else. 

Edited by gogolfing

15 hours ago, gogolfing said:

Down to the last three weeks....final two with no cut....should be an interesting finish to the season. 

A couple of Canadians battling it out for top spot....good luck @Warren Zevon, and to everyone else. 

Good luck to you as well, sir.  Sadly, with this being a horrible summer for golf, the fantasy portion has been slightly more rewarding than my time on the actual course.

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I was reading on the PGA site that for their 2019-20 Fantasy golf that they are bringing back bonus points. In previous years we got bonus points for picking the winner, maybe even top 3, so will add another dimension to it. Not sure why they got rid of it this week.

Things start up again September 12 at the Greenbrier, so we will have 3 weeks off and then back at er for next year. Once the sign up starts for next season, I will create the League and a new thread on TST, and tag all of us in it so we can see it.

Good luck this week.

Congrats to @gogolfing for handily winning the season title!  I had a lot of fun with this, guys.  See you in September!

5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Congrats to @gogolfing for handily winning the season title!  I had a lot of fun with this, guys.  See you in September!

Thanks @Warren Zevon it has been a fun season.

I will keep checking the PGA site and as soon as I can register our League for 2019-20 I will set it up and start a new thread on TST.