Jump to content
gogolfing

TST Fantasy Golf 2018-19

102 posts / 8895 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

The 2018-19 season already starts this Thursday. Those of us who have played Fantasy Golf over the years have talked about trying out the PGA Fantasy golf, and it starts with the Fall segment. In the past, we have played ESPN, then Yahoo, and last season The Golf Channel fantasy leagues. The PGA League has a similar roster format as Yahoo, and a similar scoring format as The Golf Channel league. 

To join, you must go to https://www.pgatour.com/fantasy.html and create a Team. Once you have done this, go to the fantasy golf to the right tab, and choose the red "Fantasy Golf". Once you have done this, you can join the TST Fantasy Golf league by following these steps:

Join my league in PGA TOUR Fantasy #PGATOURfantasy Golf 

League URL: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/api/v6/pgaroster/og/object/leagues/id/22988

League Name: TST Fantasy Golf

The password is: thesandtrap

Description: 

PGA TOUR Fantasy allows you to show off your knowledge of the sport by picking a team of 6 PGA TOUR Professionals (4 Starters, 2 Bench). Scoring is live and exclusive using PGA TOUR Shotlink and based on player performance on the course. Play with your friends in a private group or test your skills in one of our public groups. Whether you want to play for prizes, glory or bragging rights PGA TOUR Fantasy is the only live fantasy game where the outcome of each shot matters.

Official Rules: https://fantasygolf.pgatour.com/#/roster/rules

@Club Rat @boogielicious @Wally Fairway @kpaulhus @Shindig @CarlSpackler @DaveP043 @coachjimsc@Warren Zevon @J M Brown @Antneye @mildee 

I know I have missed some of the usual suspects, so please tag those I have missed and hope we get good numbers. Of course, new TST fantasy golfers are all welcome to join. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

There is an App called PGA Tour Fantasy Golf which is easy to use to set your roster etc...it is separate from the PGA Tour App.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me know if it’s working for everyone...buddy of mine trying to join league and having trouble. Website shows me 3 members but won’t let me see who the 3 are for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be confusing guys, some other dirt bags have also created a private league using "The Sand Trap" 
The League @gogolfing has created is The SandTrap   Two words, not three. Also, Cap the S & T's

it's a different point scoring system, round by round, bonus points out the ying-yang.
Should be fun. Limit per segment of using the same player, interchangeable lineups for each round.
Use the search feature for the league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

This may be confusing guys, some other dirt bags have also created a private league using "The Sand Trap" 
The League @gogolfing has created is The SandTrap   Two words, not three. Also, Cap the S & T's

it's a different point scoring system, round by round, bonus points out the ying-yang.
Should be fun. Limit per segment of using the same player, interchangeable lineups for each round.
Use the search feature for the league.

 

Thanks @Club Rat, to avoid confusion, I have changed the name of our league to TST Fantasy Golf.....same password, same link as above. When you search for it in the private leagues, use TST Fantasy Golf....should be easier.

Is there a way to edit post #1 in the thread with the new League name? Can't see and edit icon for that. 

Edited by gogolfing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@boogielicious @Wally Fairway @kpaulhus @Shindig @DaveP043 @coachjimsc @CarlSpackler @Warren Zevon @J M Brown @Antneye as per @Club Rat above, I have changed the League name to TST Fantasy Golf...use same link and password as in post #1.

Edited by gogolfing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've created  a profile and whatnot, but it's telling me 'thesandtrap' isn't the correct password.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I've created  a profile and whatnot, but it's telling me 'thesandtrap' isn't the correct password.

I went in and entered the league password again, thesandtrap.....try again and see if it works. Please let me know. 

Sorry for the glitches with this one....sure it will get figured out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

I think it worked.

League just went up by one, so think you're right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the PGA Fantasy format, you can use each player a maximum of 3 times per segment, and there are 4 segments in total. The first is only 7 tournaments, then the last 3 are 11-12 tournaments. Segment one is the fall season, and then segment 2 starts with the Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are up to nine in the league...plenty of room for more. 

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm in (I think)

Went up by one, so looks good. A bit frustrated it won't show me who the 9 are, but oh well. The way it works is as long as you get your roster set, you are good, and then if we find out a person did not get in the league, they can still be added and have their points transfer in with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Site definitely has a different look and user mode than we have experienced.
Hoping since it's affiliated with Shot Link, real time scoring will be instant as opposed to the delays other sites had.

As for use, there are no "save" functions with data entry. Guessing it's a Cloud Base service which simply updates instant.

For those who experience the "I'm in (I think)" when you are creating a user profile, you will receive an email confirmation.

Also, when entering your roster each week when you visit the site, it will give you this page.
League Banner.PNG

With the menu at the top right, select league and it will show any leagues you have joined.
Once the season starts, it will be interesting to review the different stats/functions with "recap - insider"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The Site definitely has a different look and user mode than we have experienced.
Hoping since it's affiliated with Shot Link, real time scoring will be instant as opposed to the delays other sites had.

As for use, there are no "save" functions with data entry. Guessing it's a Cloud Base service which simply updates instant.

For those who experience the "I'm in (I think)" when you are creating a user profile, you will receive an email confirmation.

Also, when entering your roster each week when you visit the site, it will give you this page.
League Banner.PNG

With the menu at the top right, select league and it will show any leagues you have joined.
Once the season starts, it will be interesting to review the different stats/functions with "recap - insider"  

You will be happy @Club Rat, it is linked to Shot Link, and scoring is in real time. If on the site or the app, during the rounds, alerts pop up every time a new shot is updated. No need to save on this site or on the app, which is a nice function, and when you set up your profile, you can ask for alerts when one of your player missed the cut. These come up quickly, quite soon after the round is completed. I'd really encourage everyone to get the app....it is very handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...