IGNORED

Back Foot Slipping

Note: This thread is 2009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a drill or something to practice to help keep my back foot from slipping out in back swing?  Not sure I am phrasing this correctly. Is this a weight distribution not equal causing some inconsistent strikes?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator

Your back foot slips in the backswing?

Are you transferring any pressure there? Are you rolling it outward?

Do you have a Member Swing topic?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am not really sure. I am assuming i am not putting equal weight at set up and in my backswing is where is is exposed. Could it be me trying to manufacture more power and streching my backswing past where it should be? When i tried to acknowledge and correct it was like my right leg was stuck in mud and my turn was none existent which caused even worse arm only results. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

11 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

back foot from slipping out in back swing

Try maintaining weighting / balance on your forefoot. 
The backswing is a controlled tempo motion.
When you reach your set point at the top of the swing, then fire into the swing.

Some players learn to distribute weight to right heel,
then knee flexes and weight moves to forefoot for push off during weight transfer. 

Are you saying the foot slips on all swings? Or only with longer clubs, driver, FW woods?
Which direction does the foot slip out? Forward? Backwards?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

It is a backwards slip that mainly occurs on longer clubs. It does tend to happen with irons not often

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

7 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

It is a backwards slip that mainly occurs on longer clubs.

OK, so it slips out when you start your downswing, or are you saying it happens when you are in transition at the top of your swing?

By transition, I'm indicating you have started your downswing and then the foot slips.

This is common to arms swinging first, then lower body tries to catch up. 

The pre-shot routine which Rose makes would probably help you.
A slow motion of the transition from the top to impact position,
Rose is feeling the downward motion with weight transfer. 
Catch my drift?

I have been working on a slower more controlled tempo. Could the fact that I place my back right foot(the one that slips) back in my stance be hurting me as well? 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I have to confess I tried to visualize what's happening in your swing and I'm at a loss. Can you capture a video of the issue?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I can work on getting a video up of the slidding of my back right foot 

• Like 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

5 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Could the fact that I place my back right foot(the one that slips) back in my stance be hurting me as well? 

Some players place their feet with the back foot "in the bucket" persa which is the foot a few inches behind parallel of shoulders. 
If your indicating a wider stance being back foot "Back" further than shoulder width, then Yes, too wide of a stance.
And Yes the foot will slip if weight transfer timing is off...

That coould explain it. I have noticed i have gotten a bit more wide on the stance in resent weeks. Once I realize this with my irons I begin to hit the ball crisper. Thanks for all the posts. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• 3 weeks later...

my issue seems to be coming from poor balance at set up through backswing. Any tips to improve balance to make more solid contact

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

see my response in post #23 to Home Practice Nets by @Effington

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• iacas changed the title to Back Foot Slipping
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Hisna1984 said:

You need to exercises. 

I don't think that's going to do it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Hisna1984 said:

"iacas" What is your suggestions?

I've posted in the topic and asked to see video. Without seeing a video, we're just guessing.

I don't like to guess.

But I do know that exercise won't really help with your back foot slipping during the backswing.

C'mon @jmanbooyaahttps://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/?do=add

• Thumbs Up 1

next round i will try and get a vid

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 2009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!