IGNORED

My Swing (Slim_Pivot)

Slim_Pivot
Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today's Practice Session 11-12-19

Goals:

1. Smoother backswing (one smooth motion)

2. Set up better (was aiming shoulders right)

3. Keep laying the club off in transition

4. Let the lag out

Didn't go so well today. Also, the videos were 100% captured in slow motion mode, still uploaded as regular speed. I'll try something else again next time.

DOWN THE LINE

Backswing is a little deeper than we had it during my lesson. Also, looked like my wrists were trying to roll in just a tad. So next time-more hinge, less deep.

Transition was ok, club at least shallowed an tad. Then more of the same with the extreme holding of the wrist angle through impact.

FACE ON (cant get much better angles at this golf dome, it shows what we need)

We can see me not letting the angle go, again.

I did feel a difference as I weakened my grip, I understand how a stronger grip makes it worse at least. Are there drills for this?

Will try again later in the week.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

That's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

If you upload directly from the camera roll from your phone, I believe it will be in slow motion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

If you upload directly from the camera roll from your phone, I believe it will be in slow motion.

I keep hitting these low bullets. I’ll chill, I’m pushin’

Also (using iPhone), I took the video in slo-mo straight from the phone, no apps. so then it goes to photos. I uploaded from photos, used to work. I’ll google it tomorrow

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I keep hitting these low bullets. I’ll chill, I’m pushin’

Remember, we didn't really address that part just yet. We kinda hinted at it, but 95% of it was the other stuff.

14 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Also (using iPhone), I took the video in slo-mo straight from the phone, no apps. so then it goes to photos. I uploaded from photos, used to work. I’ll google it tomorrow

You use the YouTube app on the phone to upload it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

About the YouTube slow motion problem. I have always gone into my YouTube app on my phone, then clicked on the video, it pulls up my saved videos, and i choose it. The slow motion has always translated before, but not now. I think apple has sabotaged  things on my iPhone 6s to get me to buy a new one. I found some app called iMovie, I will try that. I will be at the airport all day tomorrow, so I'll try to re-post the videos then. Remember to set the YouTube video to play at 0.25 speed in the meantime.

Today's Session 11-17-19 Could not get FO video, range was too full.

Goals:

1. Get backswing less deep like we did in the lesson

2. Keep shallowing by using the weight of the club. @iacas what is that club weight thing called that looks like a black swirl? I need to buy one.

3. Try to unhinge wrists more in downswing (if I can get to it)

First Swing -after warm up with PW

Happy with my backswing and transition goal. Good start, but PW is way easier to handle than the 6i.

Second Swing. 6i midway through session

Backswing was ok, transition was success, wrists were holding strong (which is bad).

I included this swing so we could see the full 6i backswing, next video was cut short.

Third Swing

This swing starts at like P3, but I maybe had success with starting to let the wrist hinge out in the downswing.

I felt like I got the top, let the club fall behind at P4, stayed tall, then threw the club at the ball from there. Feels like I start throwing at P4.2, right after the weight falls behind.

When I threw the club at the ball, I tried to go to the right of an imaginary object so I'm not just flipping it left.

My left leg felt a lot different: cleaner through impact, like I wasn't ahead of it. Felt like a centered turn through the ball. But I don't want to go back into just spinning my hips. Throwing the club should be after transition, after I bump, so it should be ok? unsure

Reason for trying this:

Too much lag in downswing, must unhinge my wrists earlier.

At P4, letting the club fall behind, then unhinging my wrists are 2 different feels too close together with the same body part (wrist). I felt like i was making no progress.

So I want the club to really sweep the ball instead of hack down into it. This was an attempt to let the club fall in transition and sweep the ball more.

1 minute ago, Slim_Pivot said:

About the YouTube slow motion problem. I have always gone into my YouTube app on my phone, then clicked on the video, it pulls up my saved videos, and i choose it. The slow motion has always translated before, but not now. I think apple has sabotaged  things on my iPhone 6s to get me to buy a new one. I found some app called iMovie, I will try that. I will be at the airport all day tomorrow, so I'll try to re-post the videos then. Remember to set the YouTube video to play at 0.25 speed in the meantime.

I have been having the same problem, I have an iphone 8plus. I use imovie to trim then upload to youtube and slow motion is gone and somehow using previously cut parts of the video.  I gave up and just use full speed.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

http://www.torcgolf.com/

$9.99 - If you order one, order five and I’ll pay you for four.

I can always use a few more.

1 hour ago, phillyk said:

I have been having the same problem, I have an iphone 8plus. I use imovie to trim then upload to youtube and slow motion is gone and somehow using previously cut parts of the video.  I gave up and just use full speed.

Ok, thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:03 PM, phillyk said:

On 11/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, Slim_Pivot said:

Ok, thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

I have had this problem with uploading to YouTube too. My workaround has been to text the trimmed/edited slo-mo movie to my wife, and then have her save it to photos, and then text it back to me. And then upload the new file to YouTube. Kind of annoying but seems to work for me.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

4 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I have had this problem with uploading to YouTube too. My workaround has been to text the trimmed/edited slo-mo movie to my wife, and then have her save it to photos, and then text it back to me. And then upload the new file to YouTube. Kind of annoying but seems to work for me.

Thank you. Will try

11-23-19

Working on the same stuff. More vertical backswing, lay it off in transition, have less forward shaft lean at impact. 

Made some improvement on the slow motion. Uploaded to computer, then made it slow motion. But it only allows suuuper slow motion and only for a certain number of frames. Can’t make it easy.

FIRST HALF OF SESSION

Worked on backswing and transition during the first half of bucket.

SECOND HALF 

Second half I worked on my lag problem. Tried to release the lag by going “up and back with my front leg and body” around P5.

Down the line view of “up and back” move in downswing

Overall not bad. My real is starting to match my feel. It’s become normal to swing like i’m swinging.

If things are looking good, I might be ready for my next lesson soon. If not let me know, I’m basically doing what I’m trying to do up until P5.

Edited by Slim_Pivot

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

have less forward shaft lean at impact

Don't worry about that stuff too much. If you can make some headway, cool. But otherwise, the other stuff is more important right now, and has to be in place to help the lean issue.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Don't worry about that stuff too much. If you can make some headway, cool. But otherwise, the other stuff is more important right now, and has to be in place to help the lean issue.

Is it in place or not quite? Not being a pain, but what is showing up on the videos is exactly what I’m trying to do.

At this point, I just keep doing it over and over

• Administrator

I liked videos 1 and 2. The third was a bit overdone.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

I liked videos 1 and 2. The third was a bit overdone.

Good deal. Overdone is ok m, I can do it normal. I’ll keep at it and make an appointment. Must be ready by March 

dont forget the how important the club is! when u get better you realy need to get custom clubs or make a custom so you can see what shaft you need to have for your swing!.

so many ppl just buy the lastest clubs or jsut buy them of the shelfs, and that the worst thing you can do 🙂

the shaft can make the ball go 10-15yards longer and it also determain if the ball will go right or left at impact depending on how much the shaft "´bends" i dont know have the enligsh word for what i want to say XD

4 hours ago, Vikthuuu said:

dont forget the how important the club is! when u get better you realy need to get custom clubs or make a custom so you can see what shaft you need to have for your swing!.

so many ppl just buy the lastest clubs or jsut buy them of the shelfs, and that the worst thing you can do 🙂

the shaft can make the ball go 10-15yards longer and it also determain if the ball will go right or left at impact depending on how much the shaft "´bends" i dont know have the enligsh word for what i want to say XD

Ya good call, I want new irons bad, but I’m trying to wait until I’m done making big changes to my swing

• 2 weeks later...

12-06-19

GOALS:

1. Hinge wrists up in backswing

2. Lay club off in transition

3. Let out lag, hit solid shots

FIRST SWING AFTER WARM UP

LATER IN SESSION

Goals 1&2 were ok. Goal 3 failed again. Hit a lot of fat shots. Hurt my wrist a tad, it’ll be fine by tomorrow. Can’t seem to find a way to put the club on the ball or let the lag out.

On the bright side, I’m pretty comfortable shallowing the club. I didn’t think I’d be able to do it. But... I also thought that once I did, I’d pure it. Go figure

I have a lesson this weekend which is good, I’m kind of stuck and I’m tired of hitting just terrible shots lol. SOS

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!