IGNORED

Genuine Mistake Or Purposely Made For Social Media?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mean, this could be an honest mistake, but could totally be made for clickbait. Too close to the pyramid is not the only mistake, stand in front or behind the string. Probably too cynical.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Oy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Considering he's standing on the rope (that drives me insane) I'll say it's intentional, but I've seen similar stuff happen before.

In a well used range bay at tournaments I once hit the rope while warming up (the front rope though, not the back one). It was the first full wedge I hit and the ground was softer than I expected, meaning the club just kind of slid through it and ended up just barely under the front rope. That one hurt.

I've also seen, while working at a golf course that set up the pyramids for tournaments, golfers who have hit from behind the pyramids (outside where they're allowed) and shanked it straight into the pile.

Never before have I seen the 1-2 combo of both though.

It's the old swing the club head in to out drill. Make sure you nail that pyramid.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Probably intentional. Somebody wanting their 30 seconds of fame.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

The guy's swing didn't look like he was capable of intentionally performing that, to be honest.  It's certainly something I could see someone fairly new to golf doing... especially if it's their first time at a range with such a setup.  

That said... society today dictates that such foolishness rewards, so... who knows?

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Can't tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if either was correct. I think it was intentional though. His backswing looks like a person playing some golf. The way he hit the ground on line with his back foot, swung enough out to hit the balls, and that he's hitting the ball an inch from the rope all leads me to believe it was done for just that purpose: to be posted on social media.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

5 minutes ago, 308 Ragin Cajun said:

I've never been to a range where they stack the balls in little pyramids. I have to carry my own balls in buckets.

I've been to two.  both times it felt like a crimes to disturb the symmetry.  It's a real crime to have those if you have OCDish clientel.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 1985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!