iacas

TRUE Linkswear Knit Shoe with LinkSoul

25 posts / 3561 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I love a good knit or mesh shoe. My everyday sneakers are mostly mesh and they're super comfy and flexible.

These aren't for me though, seeing as how I usually play early morning rounds. It's a shame, since they look really nice. I like the look better than the Originals I have.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

I love a good knit or mesh shoe. My everyday sneakers are mostly mesh and they're super comfy and flexible.

These aren't for me though, seeing as how I usually play early morning rounds. It's a shame, since they look really nice. I like the look better than the Originals I have.

I wonder if there is a way to waterproof them. I know there are some sprays out there. 

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I wonder if there is a way to waterproof them. I know there are some sprays out there. 

I'm not sure how good they can be, since the only good way to stop water from penetrating a bunch of holes in your shoe is to seal up the holes in your shoe, reducing some of the benefits of having them in the first place.

You did get me curious so I googled it and came up with an alternative solution: waterproof socks. This is the first time I've heard of them so I'll have to research a little more, but it seems promising.

I've been wanting to try a pair of shoes like this, just ordered.  

No half sizes so the pair I tried didn’t fit quite right and had to return so I’m not much help. They weren’t quite as comfortable as I was hoping but part of that was they just weren’t the right size.  

@iacas @saevel25 any reviews on these?  Did they stretch?  I have a few pairs of knit shoes; I love them, they are super comfortable, but they have all stretched a half size within a week of owning.  That's fine for my Cole Haan loafers (don't need stability or support), but raises concern for a golf shoe.  I REALLY WANT TO BUY THESE but wondering ...

1 hour ago, k-troop said:

@iacas @saevel25 any reviews on these?  Did they stretch?  I have a few pairs of knit shoes; I love them, they are super comfortable, but they have all stretched a half size within a week of owning.  That's fine for my Cole Haan loafers (don't need stability or support), but raises concern for a golf shoe.  I REALLY WANT TO BUY THESE but wondering ...

I'm the opposite. I don't like golf shoes that are too hard because my feet roll and move a lot during the swing and I feel that too much support puts me at risk of injury because it limits mobility. I often practice barefoot or in flip flops.

With these shoes I'm concerned about longterm water resistance since I play early mornings and I often keep a pair of golf shoes for many years.

10 hours ago, k-troop said:

They stretch a tiny bit. Maybe a quarter size, at most. They're a pretty tight knit, and I didn't sense much of a stretch.

I have four pair, with a fifth (the MS Knit) on the way.

I don’t particularly care for them as golf shoes. I feel like I am not stable in them. As a regular day show, I love them. 

57 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I don’t particularly care for them as golf shoes. I feel like I am not stable in them. As a regular day show, I love them. 

I like them as golf shoes, because if I'm unstable in them, I'm unstable period. 😄

12 hours ago, iacas said:

They stretch a tiny bit. Maybe a quarter size, at most. They're a pretty tight knit, and I didn't sense much of a stretch.

I have four pair, with a fifth (the MS Knit) on the way.

That seems about right.  Some knits stretch a lot (Allbirds), others just a little (Cole Haan Stitchlite oxfords), but they all stretch.  

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I know what you mean; I currently wear Adidas pureboost DPRs (minimalist knit runners) as summer/walking golf shoes.  I can sometimes feel the outer toes on my right foot stretching into the shoe at the top of my swing.  I feel it, but I can't say it has any impact on my swing.  

I  think I'll pick up a pair of these True Knits in blue.  If they work as golf shoes that'll be awesome; if they don't, I've been wanting a cool pair of blue knit sneakers to wear with jeans anyway.  I'm usually a 9.5 in most brands, but with knit shoes I've gone as low as 8.5 so I'm going to buy size 9 and 10 and see what works best.

Any discount codes you're aware of?

Edited by k-troop

Just buy one size. The return/swap is easy. No more difficult than returning a second pair anyway and you might not have to do it.

So I bought these in gray and blue and absolutely love them. The stretch was minimal, and they managed to figure out the comfort of knit while only minimally compromising support.

Like others have reported,  I experienced minor irritation at the top of the heel wearing them without socks. Should not be a problem long-term. Biggest problem I have found is finding a low rise sock that works with these shoes; all that I have tried to get sucked down into the shoe. That is not a problem I have experienced with other shoes probably because these shoes have a slightly higher rise.