IGNORED

PING Eye 2 Beryllium Copper (Square Grooves)

Note: This thread is 1949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello , I just purchased a sweet set of Ping Eye 2 beryllium copper irons.   They are  from the 1st two years of producing the Becu’s . The Serial #s are D4512577 and D276644.  Anyway...if you look closely to the left side, just outside the oval region of the eye inset (right above the U.S.) , you would notice a small number 4 oddly placed.  Now, my set is a complete with matching serial numbers.  Only 4 of 8 clubs have the 4 and it’s pretty random as to which clubs.   Does anyone know what this means? I’ll try to include a pic 

E9023435-0809-4090-A1A7-2DD92BC25966.jpeg

• iacas changed the title to PING Eye 2 Beryllium Copper (Square Grooves)

@mvmac can you help?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's cool...I have a set of coppers and just ran downstairs to check mine.  No 4's..." Go fish"...

Did u Google it?   I'm going to do that now.

Did u call Ping?  Give them the serial # and ask about the "4"...they should know.

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

@mvmac can you help?

Hmmm, no idea, I'd call PING.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I first saw these clubs way back when I was a young kid (late ‘80’s).  I fell in love and lusted over them all the way until I was in High School. I was at the JGA Orlando golf tournament at Grand Cypress GC ..then I just up and decided to quit the game. ??!!??!?!!!!!!!!      I never was able to get a set back then.   I tried to pick the game back up 2 or 3 times over the years and had some surprising success each time .  Each time I played a few rounds and went to the range a great deal. Unbelievably I got  my swing back or better each time (I say swing , not game).  Keep in mind I was a maybe a 15 handicap at best back in H.S.  For one reason or another life always got in the way. The game and I would go our separate ways.  Now I’m 40. I’ve suddenly landed my lifelong “dream clubs”, and with them I am feeling the warm, daydreamy gift of optimism in life that playing golf gave me “once upon a time”.  I don’t know how or why I ever lost it. I really couldn’t tell ya.  I can explore my past, once I’m out on the course (golf therapy)...but one thing I do know; I’m not going to let it slip away now.   

Long story short....  I can’t wait to go hit these clubs!!!!   😀🤪😖😆😃.   

Btw...i like the forum ... so u guys can like analize my swing and all that if I’m struggling?  All I gotta do is like video myself?   Can’t wait.   I sure would have lived this site when I was growing up.

Lol I sounded “like” ...like a valley girl in that last bit, didn’t I?  Lol

DB62C5CC-C1CB-4B12-92DD-6A846C2123EC.png

I remember a couple of years ago there was a guy on this site that was a Ping expert, at least I think it was this forum. Anyway, I had a question about an old Ping putter that I have, sent him a picture and he was able to tell me it was of a ~1973 vintage, (not worth much). I'll see if I can find him again assuming he is still around.

Note: This thread is 1949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!