IGNORED

For those that walk... carry or push?

Big_M
Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. age and equipment used...

• under 21 and carry
    • 21-35 and carry
    • over 35 and carry
    • under 21 and push/pull cart
    • 21-35 and push/pull cart
    • over 35 and push/pull cart

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31, I only started playing this year and was carrying originally.  I was given a really nice cart bag for my birthday this year however so I bought myself a pull cart to go along with it.  I preferred not carrying the bag but I found I didn't care for the pull cart so I switched to a push cart and I'm never looking back.  I hate doing anything other than walking so I use a power cart as little as I possibly can.

Brad

I have a Clicgear that I love.  So to answer you question, I push most of the time.  Before I got my cart bag I would carry 9 holes and use the cart for 18, now my back thanks me that I push no matter what.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I'm 62 and I carry my bag.

I use to push and still have 2 push carts. However in the winter time its easier to carry than to ride, cuz its usually cart path only. With push carts the wheels can bog down in the wet fairways and you can't always put it by your ball. It aggravates me when I go over to the ball and realize that I have the wrong club for the shot, so I ended up doing what my friend calls a "oh well shot", which is, "I don't have the correct club for this shot, but oh well".

Do any courses prevent you from using a push cart?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Quote:

Do any courses prevent you from using a push cart?

Some courses require everyone to ride during peak weekend times.

Course layout comes into play also. Three courses in my area have several tee boxes that are about 500 yards from the previous green, and people on foot get run into the ground by the riding cart golfers.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never even thought of that. Makes perfect sense. Thanks WU

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I am 46 and carry wherever allowed, which accounts for about 85-90% of my rounds.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I'm 22 and I've always carried. My parents are in their early 50's and they push. I get jealous sometimes not because carrying is hard, but having a push cart gives you so much more convenience. They have an umbrella holder (it rains on and off in the fall when I play up here in Seattle), little compartments to put your cell phone or gps device in and just allows you to carry a bigger bag and carry more stuff. However, I do like carrying because I have more freedom of movement. I don't have to necessarily leave my bag off the tee box and it's just easier to get around on the course, especially around the greens.

titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* titleist.gif 910F 13.5* 
titleist.gif 909H 17* titleist.gif AP2 710 3, 5-PW
vokey.gif Spin Milled 52*08| 56*11 | 60*07
taylormade.gif Rossa Classic Imola 8 AGSI

I'm 53 and I carried until I was about 50. Now I use a 2 wheel folding pull cart by Bag Boy. I found I was worn out by the end of the round when I carried my bag. I prefer to walk whenever possible.

I am 39 and I just bought a sun mountain push cart. I always said I would carry until I was at least 40, and I almost made it. I still ride quite a bit as well because the guys in my usual foursome all ride.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 32, I almost always walk and I push and carry. I don't mind carrying at all, except in the middle of summer when it's hot and really humid. On those days carrying just seems to sap my energy and my back ends up sore by the end of the round. I did get a new carry bag this year which is much lighter than my last carry bag so that might help. I do like the freedom of movement that carrying provides and my trunk stays much cleaner. My push cart always seems to be leaving grass in there.

33 and I use a Masters MT-P130 trolley. It's small, folds down and easy to prep for a round (unfold and put the bag on)

I started pushing as I have lordosis of the back and carrying too much weight for too long strains it.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I walk and use my Sun Mountain SpeedCart V1 majority of the time. When I play a high slope course or I am playing at a Country Club or a Charity Tournament I will ride.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!