IGNORED

How many see the club make contact with the ball.

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never- not even putting.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I don't see the ball...I feel the ball or the contact.

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

oh man, I hope I forget this question before I play again -

seems like a perfect thing to ask someone you are playing against if you want to get in their head and wreck their swing

reminds me of that Rick Reily (sp?) book where the guy asks his opponent whether he notices where his club is by looking at his shadow during the swing

In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

oh man, I hope I forget this question before I play again -

Haha, the best one of those I heard was asking people if they breathe in or out when they swing.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

even hogan said he lost sight of the ball "somewhere in (his) downswing." i never see the ball. i lose sight of it, i'd guess, as the club is probably passing hip-level coming down.

Nope, I can't see contact nor do I think that you should try to. I try to see (visualize) the swing path through the ball but not the millisecond of contact.

Not at my swing speed

usually the sound of me hitting the ball and the ball hitting a tree in the woods is almost simultaneous.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't see the contact, but I know I'm swing well, when I see ball and then a split second later there is a divot.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'd like to think I see the club make contact but at my blazing fast clubhead speed (he says facetiously) it's hard to tell. Honestly as a P.P said, my head stays in the hitting zone then comes up naturally as the swing follows through.

ditto i can mostly see impact with wedges and putter anything past that and no

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I don't know for sure. I was at the range this evening hitting my PW, drivers and 5-h and don't remember seeing the club hit the ball.

Last time I am focusing on the ball visually is right at setup. Once my swing starts I'm totally focused on feeling my swing. I think I notice the ball on the backswing but I'm not thinking about it.

After I trigger the downswing I hear the club hit something (ball, turf, mat or combination) and then I'm suddenly looking in the direction of where I wanted to send the ball to.

I can't recall seeing anything immediately after I trigger the downswing. But this makes me wonder if I should be able to see something.

Perhaps I'm accelerating too fast from the top of the swing? Something I'll think about working on for this weekend - perhaps I should be able to see something right before the moment of impact.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

It might sound dumb but I was reading an article that was talking about seeing the club make contact with the ball. I started thinking about it and realised I don't think I do this. I think my head or my eyes have already moved to see where the ball will go. Or perhaps I'm swinging too hard to control that moment. Should you be able to see the contact? Could this be a key to consistent, smooth tempo - only going as fast as allows you to see the moment?

I think this is difficult for someone right handed and right eye dominant if you are turning through and releasing properly. I don't think I do it on full swings, I have noticed I do it on chips and short pitches, but not intentionally. Look at Annika, there is no way she could have seen the ball at impact. I would be interested if low handicappers are even aware of impact visually. I suspect they train themselves by feel and vison is not an important part of evaluating impact.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

You can't.

Anyone who says they can is talking nonsense. I thought about this post on the putting green yesterday. Even on 6 foot putts you can't see the club hit the ball.
yea i agree cirem22, only with my wedges, maybe up to 8 iron

That it is just ridiculous.

Go and hit an 8 iron and see if you can see the club hit the ball. All you will see (if anything) is a blur.
I only see it when I'm putting.

Check next time you play.

You will find that you have imagined something.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
Even on 6 foot putts you can't see the club hit the ball.

Not sure what you're trying to say. I can see the putter hit the ball on my putts... I'm not imagining it. Just putted one in the living room. So again, not sure what you're trying to say.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!