IGNORED

Ishikawa shoots record 58 in Japan Tour event

IndianScout
Note: This thread is 5106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tigers next opponent?

Ryo Ishikawa shot a 12-under 58 — the lowest score ever on a major tour — to win The Crowns on Sunday for his seventh Japan Tour title. The 18-year-old Ishikawa tapped in for par on the par-4 18th after his 15-foot birdie try slid inches by the cup. He had 12 birdies in his bogey-free round on the 6,545-yard Nagoya Golf Club course.

story..

Bag
Adams Redline
Adams 3,5 Woods
Ping Zing 2
SaddlesPutter - Icon III

He had a makeable putt for a 57.

What is it with Japanese golfers and 58? The only other round that low during sanctioned competition (that I'm aware of) was by Shigeki Maruyama during a US Open sectional several years ago.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thats an awesome round...no doubt
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Holy sh** i can sometimes get that on flamin 9 holes .lol

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

He had a makeable putt for a 57.

Jason Bohn (who just won the PGA Tour Zurich Classic) shot a 58 in the final round of a Canadian Tour event in 2001 to win.

but a 58, on a major tour even is pretty good, let alone for an 18 year old.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

-12 on a par 70 for a 58 on a 6500 yard course is really awesome.

Kudos to Ishikawa, this is kid is loaded with talent. I'm certainly not discounting what he did, its what dreams are made of and he should be proud, but look at the entire line. I wish he would have done it on the PGA Tour though...it just somehow doesn't carry the same weight if it is not in a true PGA tour event round(like Muifield village, its 1000 yards longer and a par 72..hmm). Or when people score a 60 on par 72? both are -12 right? David Duval shot 59 on a par 72 at -13 I think. I've always wondered about that. However, I think it will make him even more of an idol in his country, if thats possible.

Ryo hasn't kicked off internationally yet, but he will come. Lots of young guns out there just waiting to get their game going on tournaments. They usually make a good start somewhere so the world becomes aware of them, then they may win a tournament or two, not playing too consistently. Then they start building confidence and can really challenge the leaderboards. AK has had some ups and downs, but are starting to put things together now.

Not to talk about Rory McIlroy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Holy cow!

Bethpage Black is a par 70.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Bethpage Black is a par 70.

Par 71, but it's almost 7500 yards. Not that I can break par on a 6K course (no matter what par may be), but 1000 yards had to have a little to do with Ryo's number...

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Very Impressive......but on a par 70 course? How tough was the course?

He hasn't done much in "real" events.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Traveling half the world to play against the best in the world at the age of 18 is not exactly easy. Look at Rory McIlroy, it took some time before he got his first win on US soil. It's a matter of confidence and getting used to the big scene, which will take time. After a couple of years playing on the PGA Tour, we will see the potential of all these young players. AK has been through most of it and is now a very consistant player, same with Villegas.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!