Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beerguys

The weight of your golf bag!

20 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

22.6lbs fully kitted.  Includes driver, fw, 3-pw, hybrid, 2 wedges, putter, towel, 12 balls, cleat cleaning brush, 2 bags of tees (different lengths), knife, divot tool, clip on watch and two pencils and of course, the bag itself, Nike sasquatch tour carry.

Hmm, i will have to put it on the scale when i get home. But a best guess would be right around 20 lsb, but with an umbrella it feels like 40 ;b

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With, or without, sixpack mini-cooler and flask?

For the serious golfer (hic!):

For the serious golfer (hic!)

Sure feels like 40+ with all the balls, cleaners, towels, tins of chew, tees.... etc.

when i went to FLA a month ago mine lbs out at 39.00

4-gap wedge

60%

driver R9

R9 3WOOD

HYBRED

SHOES

AND BALLS.

Originally Posted by JAYDEE3

when i went to FLA a month ago mine lbs out at 39.00

Yikes....those must be some pretty heavy shafts in your irons, ha ha.  My soft-sided travel case only weighs 6lbs even, and my shoes don't even register on my digital scale, so figure about 1 to 2lbs max.  I'll have to put it all in the case later to see what my "traveling" weight is.  The airline tag is still on it from the last time I flew (yeah, I can be that lazy), but they don't stamp the weight on it.  I am guessing you use a staff bag or a hard-shell travel case?

26 pounds on the dot. never thought it was that heavy. maybe 20 or a little less.

A brassie is an old-timey club.  No longer used, so i took it as meaning "with gear"

A little under 20 pounds. I keep about a dozen balls, about a hundred tees, and 13 - 14 golf clubs with their head covers in there. Aside from that, there's not much to add weight. The bag itself is about 3.5 or 4 pounds.

I use a cheap, light nylon sleeve "walking" bag with 5 or six clubs, a towel, and some balls.  The normal bag on my cart probably weighs at least 45#...14 clubs, a couple dozen balls, towels, various brushes and club cleaning thingies, dozens of tees of various lengths, first aid kit, sun screen, 2 pair of socks, laser range finder, etc...just the essentials.

with 1 towel, all clubs/balls/tees ready to walk out the door...weighs in at 18 lbs 10 oz

I don't know what my golf bag weighs now, but last year I cleaned it out and removed a few dozen golf balls that had accumulated. That alone reduced the weight to a reasonable amount.

I'll give mine a weighing when I can.

Carrying 6 balls instead of 16 helped on the weight.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades