IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Shank, shank, shankity-shank-shank.

Putt, putt

Rattle.

Shank, shank, shankity-shank-shank.

Putt, putt

Rattle.

:sigh:

Common. Path more rightward.

Well that's good to know, and makes me feel a bit better.

I literally shanked in a big circle around a short par 3, ended up chipping on from the backside of the green with my 4th shot! :banana: Lol. It was painful, but also hilarious! :-P Kinda wish I had been videoing that hole, I'd totally share it on here. :D

I guess that means just keep working on what I'm working on until I can do it without shanking, eh?

The odd slices and low, worm burner pulls that keep flaring up must be from me subconsciously altering my path way left in an effort to not shank or mega-push the ball. Makes total sense but sure is hard to fight against.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Path is instinctual.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can you elaborate?  I've seen you say this before but I'm not sure I understand.

Not to speak for Erik, and he'll correct me if I get this wrong, but it basically means that if you're hitting it right (shank, push, slice, whatever) your instinct will be to swing left. That's probably not the what you need to do and in the case of a slice, it's disastrous.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Holly crap this is one heck of a swing catalog here give theis man credit not to give up . You show me the most courage sticking to what u believe in Ever try just swing plane same back and down? Look like u are manipulating a lot or forcing it to happen

Yeah EJ just make a perfect swing--stop trying to manipulate things.[quote name="whorippedit" url="/t/54175/my-swing-ernest-jones/810#post_1000949"]Holly crap this is one heck of a swing catalog here give theis man credit not to give up . You show me the most courage sticking to what u believe in Ever try just swing plane same back and down? Look like u are manipulating a lot or forcing it to happen[/quote] Golf is not that easy whoripped.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Aware not easy hard as all game is . Poor guy is going on and on just thought I' s. Help him a bit is it ok to help here or comment ? If I got advice would be happy and great ful.

• Administrator
Aware not easy hard as all game is . Poor guy is going on and on just thought I' s. Help him a bit is it ok to help here or comment ? If I got advice would be happy and great ful.

I think @Ernest Jones knows what he's working on (he's made a long drive to see us in Erie, and those are still his priority pieces until he can get them down), and I agree with @Phil McGleno that you can't just say "swing on the same plane back and down." He's already (in a way) trying to do that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's perfectly fine to comment on here and offer advice, just as it's equally fine for the OP to choose not to take it.  A lot of us are taking lessons and are using these threads more as a swing blog to help others, or to share ideas of whats working and whats not working with others who are going through the same issues, and not necessarily as pleas for help.

Recognize that and you are fine. :beer:

Lol. I guess I better start remembering to lock the screen door when I'm out for the day. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I see and understand well that is cool than. I'm into the see the pro thing and all /he has all my swings on computer at shop If I can I will pass on any helpful advice where I can give its .

Not to speak for Erik, and he'll correct me if I get this wrong, but it basically means that if you're hitting it right (shank, push, slice, whatever) your instinct will be to swing left. That's probably not the what you need to do and in the case of a slice, it's disastrous.

That's pretty much what I thought.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on some piece of advice that would magically fix my swing.  Thanks for the response, EJ.

Golf is hard.

I wanted to add more but won't let me do any edition on last post ? Any how's Edward just wanted to say a nice thread and we both playing hardest game ever . Youll get it stick to your one on one instructor

I wanted to add more but won't let me do any edition on last post ? Any how's Edward just wanted to say a nice thread and we both playing hardest game ever . Youll get it stick to your one on one instructor

You have nine minutes to edit your posts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So I stuck an alignment rod in the ground a few feet behind my ball angled roughly like my club shaft at address to try and get rid of the tip-out in transition. Like this, although looking a @iacas ' post (where this pic came from) I realize I was doing it a bit differently. I had the stick about 3-4 feet behind, so I'll try it roughly lined up with my right shoulder.

It worked so well I think I'll just practice like that for a while. The nice thing about it is, just having it there forces the change without having to consciously add anything to my process. I can just focus on my priority piece and make sure I don't crash into the stupid stick! Hopefully I'll discover some feels that I can use when the stick isn't there.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

So I stuck an alignment rod in the ground a few feet behind my ball angled roughly like my club shaft at address to try and get rid of the tip-out in transition. Like this, although looking a @iacas' post (where this pic came from) I realize I was doing it a bit differently. I had the stick about 3-4 feet behind, so I'll try it roughly lined up with my right shoulder.

It worked so well I think I'll just practice like that for a while. The nice thing about it is, just having it there forces the change without having to consciously add anything to my process. I can just focus on my priority piece and make sure I don't crash into the stupid stick! Hopefully I'll discover some feels that I can use when the stick isn't there.

I'm not sure that this post was meant to discuss the stick you stuck in the ground.. I'm thinking it had more with giving yourself a reason to re-post the picture.  Just saying :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm not sure that this post was meant to discuss the stick you stuck in the ground.. I'm thinking it had more with giving yourself a reason to re-post the picture.  Just saying :)

She's not even close to my tastes.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

She's not even close to my tastes.

Still the best pair of legs I've seen in the "My Swing" section though :-P

Henry

Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!