IGNORED

Taylormade - Is this real or a fake? (Photos)

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought some wedges and some other clubs from a guy last night and he threw this driver in for pretty cheap. Their appears to be no serial number on the hosel...the only numbers there is the 7-2 as shown in one of the (poor quality) attached images. The other clubs I bought from him look legitimate he was an older gentlemen, a retired firemen; invited in to his home...etc. I don't think he meant to 'scam' me if this turns out to be a phony.

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Driver: TaylorMade R7 Superquad 9.5* & Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5*

3 Metal: TaylorMade R11 15.5*

Irons: Ping G15 stiff, steel AWT shafts 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams #3 - 20* & #4 - 23*

Wedges: Callaway Forged X-Tour 52* & 58*

Putter: Odyssey 33" White Ice #1

hate to say it..but it looks fake.

I haven't seen a superquad that didn't have "superquad" written in yellow between the r7 and Taylormade.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

No serial number and missing part of the logo. "Threw" in an expensive driver for a cheap price. I call fake.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just pulled up some images, as Paradox says, the word Superquad is missing on the driver.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

It doesn't? Where'd you get it?

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Golfmart in Albuquerque, maybe Bullseye..hmm I dont remember,..I bought it for my dad for a gift, and he gave it back to me lol

Hmm...this is weird. A guy at the pro shop today said he has seen them with and without the 'superquad' on the sole.

I stand corrected to my post, kind of. My superquad does not say superquad instead it says 425. And my serial number looks nothing like the original either..

another post said his didn't have superquad on the sole either. Like stated earlier the grip , shaft etc look ok, all good signs. And like you said, the guy you bought from doesn't seem like the type who would be knowingly trying to take advantage of people.

It is possible it was a manufacturing fault, and the club was sold at a lower price because of it. It looks JUST like mine, minus the branding and the serial number.

Taylormade can probably give an answer if you contact them. Looks strange to me. Selling a club with manufacturing faults without notifying the buyer also sounds weird.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have sent an email to TM, I'm just waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will be able to shed some light on this for me.

Well, just got a response from TM...(see below) Apparently they don't get attachments in their email because I attached the same photos I posted in the forum to the email I sent them.

The problem is I've already called two local shops / TM retailer and both told me the same thing: "You could bring it in and we could look at it but we can't really be sure if it's a fake or not. Your best bet is to call or email TM and talk to customer service.".......what gives?

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the email.

Unfortunately without being able to see the club in question I can not
give you concrete information.

There could be varying reasons as to why the club meets different
specifications.  It could be a tour head, it could be a head from a
different market such as Japan, or it could be counterfeit.

The best way to find out is to take it to a local retailer.

www.taylormadegolf.com . Please click  Find a Retailer.
Thank you again and we wish you continued success with your golf game!

Best regards,

John
TaylorMade - adidas Golf

How does it play? It's a club from several years ago that at least LOOKS brand new-ish. Unless you're looking to cash in and sell it forward- AND it appears that he wasn't trying to scam you- If it performs the way you like, then play it and just tell people it's a one off prototype from TM. IF TM decides that it's fake, they might want to confiscate it. If a dealer says it's fake, they might take it and try and sell you a 'real' one.

• 3 weeks later...

I would saying there is a 20% chance it is real there are a lot of cases that include superquad in the logo

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!