• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goonsidious

Hats and Visors.. Do you only wear your ball/bag/clubs brand?

0   57 votes

  1. 1. Hat/Visors.. Stick with your gear brand?

    • Yes, regardless of style.
      8
    • No, whatever looks good.
      49

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

65 posts in this topic

I think I need a hat.. my poor scalp.

Do you all only choose a hat that matches your gear? I don't want to look like a doofus.

Is it a loyalty thing? Stick with your brand? Or just.. whatever looks good?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Heck no. I HAVE to wear a hat, but tend to stick to golf course logo hats generally. One thing I really like is getting each year's US Open hat with my annual USGA membership.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

My gear is pretty spread out over several major brands, so I probably have everything covered anyway. Adams, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, and Odyssey are currently in my bag in one way or another. My current visor is Titleist. It was the right colors, so I got it. No need to match anything.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing a hat with a certain brand on it is fine, as long as you actually use that brand.  If you have a set of Wal-Mart clubs and try to rock a Titleist hat, its going to make you look like a poser.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by B-Con

My gear is pretty spread out over several major brands, so I probably have everything covered anyway. Adams, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, and Odyssey are currently in my bag in one way or another.

My current visor is Titleist. It was the right colors, so I got it. No need to match anything.

I have a lot of different brands as well and I will only wear a hat of one of those brands. Most all my hats or either black or white and I usually match my hat with my shoes and belt.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually only wear a nike or titleist hat.  As said in the above post, only have white or black.  Too hard to match clothes with colored hats....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Wearing a hat with a certain brand on it is fine, as long as you actually use that brand.  If you have a set of Wal-Mart clubs and try to rock a Titleist hat, its going to make you look like a poser.

I'd have to disagree somewhat with that...

I have a Ping hat and not a single Ping club.  I bought the hat on my first day back to playing the game at a the proshop where I had my lesson that day.  That particular shop only sells Ping clubs/clothing so I didn't have a choice really.  I guess I could have waited and gone to a local pro shop with a wider selection the next day, but then I would have had to deal with the sweat pouring down my face and sun in my eyes that day.  Even then though, I'd be hard pressed to find a "Orlimar" hat at a proshop anywhere.

That was a few months ago, and I've been upgrading my arsenal slowly (as my budget allows) and I'm certainly not going to throw away a 25 dollar hat so I won't tick off a Ping elitest or in hopes not to effect someones snap judgements on me?  Nope... sorry about their luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golf Smith had a clearance hat sale so i was seeing what i should do. Because those Cleveland hats are ugly. Guess I'll grab the white Nike one. 20X1 or Taylor made 211. Both look good.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hat is a hat.  To me, it's about fit and color, not brand.  Currently I have a Titleist white hat and a Waikoloa (from the resort) black hat.  Whichever matches that days shoes is what's going on my head.  I also have a ratty old blue Taylor Made hat for the range.

Warning to balding guys:  Hats that look solid (i.e. no mesh) aren't always that way.  Wear sunscreen on your head just in case!  I have burned my head a few times while wearing hats that I thought would protect it.

(My other tip would be to not lose your hair if possible)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Wearing a hat with a certain brand on it is fine, as long as you actually use that brand.  If you have a set of Wal-Mart clubs and try to rock a Titleist hat, its going to make you look like a poser.

Um, no ... that is ridiculous.  Wear whatever you damned please.  This kind of attitude reminds me of high school.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Buy what fits the best.  I've worn Nike hats and never had a Nike club.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I wear Titleist or Nike hats and usually I get the fitted ones (without adjustable strap). I wear the Nike mostly because for some reason it fits better. I like to wear hats with clubs that I play, which is Nike and Titleist. But that's what I prefer. If you have a hat you like, then wear it.

I also only get black or white because it's easy to match with whatever clothes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to match brands, but I have a habit of doing that with just about everything, not just golf. If I see something that is just awesome though and doesn't go with my brand, I'll still go for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear whatever looks good.  I have a client who is the local Ping rep- he gave me a G20/ Anser hat but I haven't bought anything from him yet.  I got a Callaway hat from rockbottomgolf.com and, guess what?  I don't play Callaway.  Same with the Titleist hat and the Top Flite Gamer V2 balls that I play.  I got a Nickent hat when they came back at Golf Galaxy, and even though I play some Nickent, the hat is a heavy felt.  At least it was free, but I haven't played a round in it yet.  Maybe when it cools down a bit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://4headwear.com/

I have both the "BaldGuy hat for golfers" and the "SweatBandit hat".  These are the single most comfortable, lightest, easiest to wash, non-sweat staining, most breathable hats I have ever owned.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Skillet

I'd have to disagree somewhat with that...

I have a Ping hat and not a single Ping club.  I bought the hat on my first day back to playing the game at a the proshop where I had my lesson that day.  That particular shop only sells Ping clubs/clothing so I didn't have a choice really.  I guess I could have waited and gone to a local pro shop with a wider selection the next day, but then I would have had to deal with the sweat pouring down my face and sun in my eyes that day.  Even then though, I'd be hard pressed to find a "Orlimar" hat at a proshop anywhere.

That was a few months ago, and I've been upgrading my arsenal slowly (as my budget allows) and I'm certainly not going to throw away a 25 dollar hat so I won't tick off a Ping elitest or in hopes not to effect someones snap judgements on me?  Nope... sorry about their luck.


In that instance, its fine.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  If you continue to buy Ping hats even though you dont have a single Ping club, then youre a poser.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not own a single golf equipment brand hat.  All of mine are sports teams, golf courses, professional organizations and police tactical team related.  Wear what you like.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a grey Puma hat I've had for a year or so.. not a golf hat.. just one with it's logo on it. When I wear it to the course, I get comments like, "Oh are you Rickie Fowler" "Fowler fan?" "Where are your orange pants"

So.. needless to say, I don't wear it anymore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0