IGNORED

Where's Anthony Kim? What ever happened to Anthony Kim?

uscfan
Note: This thread is 1332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just wish we could get some real reporting on golfers like AK.  Maybe a segment on Jimmy Roberts' show or something.  The Golf Channel tried to promote those ridiculous reality shows a few years back but they refuse to report on someone as talented (and possibly tormented) as Anthony Kim has been over the last few years.  And it's not like the guy didn't have a pretty large following.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Would be awesome if these reports are true.  I loved his swing.

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/john-hawkins/hawks-nest-remember-anthony-kim/

Well, here you go.  This is the lastest and greatest on the main page of golf channel.

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

Quote:

In search of something resembling context, I asked Jones if Kim was playing any golf, even recreationally.

“No.”

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

In search of something resembling context, I asked Jones if Kim was playing any golf, even recreationally.

“No.”

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/anthony-kim-28-old-golf-152100727.html

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/john-hawkins/hawks-nest-remember-anthony-kim/

Well, here you go.  This is the lastest and greatest on the main page of golf channel.

LOL.....no coincidence....wouldn't shock me a bit that Hawkins got the idea for the story by seeing this thread back up top..

BTW....I am a huge Hawkins fan....maybe the best golf media guy in the business

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

To quote Rick James, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."    That's what happened to Anthony Kim.

LOL....I will say this, cocaine and golf do not mix well.....that is for CERTAIN

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Well..............that's depressing...

How many of us would kill to have even a sliver of Kim's talent?  It's a damn shame.

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

On another note, this article really proves just how pathetic golf journalism is. This is not reporting.  This is not journalism.  This is a complete joke.

Hawkins (clearly prodded by this thread imo) asks one guy he feels "should know", he gets a shotty half-answer, and then he goes on to you write an article posed as a question as if the real answers are completely unknowable. The guy treats this as if Anthony Kim is living in some distant land, unreachable by any human life form.  Turns out the AK is living in......wait for it......Texas!  My absolute favorite part is when Hawkins basically leaves it up to his "source" to meet up with AK in a few weeks and get back to him with an update.  That's just hilarious.

Get on a plane, use your car, follow the story and do some real journalism work.  These guys are way to comfortable getting paid handsomely to attend dinners at golf charity events and asking Tour pros questions they already know the answer to.

How can golf grow the game and make it more intriguing to more folks?  How about you follow stories like this that are actually interesting.

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Unfortunately Main stream news reports opinion now not news, been that way for a while. If you look back at some of the big news stories that had broke its been from sources such as dead spin, national enquirer and other fringe sources. ( I know what you are thinking Natonal enquirer , but its true they have broken major news stories, through investigative reporting and feet on the street). Golf digest, Golf channel are not exempt from this shoddy journalism and business practices. "Anything to sell papers" as they say.

Yesterday, at the Wells Fargo, they were interviewing Rory about his first win.  They showed a clip of him sinking a very long putt on 18 in 2010.  His playing partner was Anthony Kim.  It is unfortunate that he has dropped off the grid.  I enjoyed watching him play.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL....I will say this, cocaine and golf do not mix well.....that is for CERTAIN

Wait.  Are you saying this from experience?!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• 2 months later...
RIP Anthony Kim's golf career. He went missing a few months back & hasn't been heard from since. He may or may not be in Rory Sabbatini's garage. I cannot confirm nor deny this.

Riley

• 1 month later...

Anthony Kim, MIA Since 2012, Wrestles With Whether To Tee It Up Again or Reap an Eight-Figure Disability Settlement http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/anthony-kim-ryder-cup-breakout-star-2008-nowhere-be-found

Quote:
Anthony Kim has become golf's yeti, an elusive figure who is the source of endless conjecture. What we know for sure is that Kim, 29, has not teed it up at a PGA Tour event in more than 28 months. Once considered the future of U.S. golf, he is now estranged from the game that brought him fame and fortune. His handlers at IMG rarely speak to him. In April, golfchannel.com asked Kim's agent, Clarke Jones, about his client's whereabouts. The best Jones could come up with? "He's not living under a bridge, he's not living in a box." The players on Tour wonder if they will ever cross paths with Kim again

No IMG staffer would comment for this story, but the party line is that Kim is still injured and expected to return to the Tour someday. This is refuted by a close friend of Kim's in Dallas who watched him hit balls recently. (Kim declined numerous interview requests from SI , and his comrade would speak only anonymously, saying, "He'd be f------ livid if he knew I was talking to you.") "AK's not injured," says the friend. "He can play, he can walk. His swing looks good, the strike sounds solid, his ball flight is good. His physical health is not the issue."

So what is? The answer very well may lie in an insurance policy Kim has against a career-ending injury. An IMG source pegged its value at $10 million, tax-free. Kim's friend, who has had financial discussions with him, says, "It's significantly north of that. Not quite 20, but close. That is weighing on him, very much so. He's trying to weigh the risk of coming back. The way he's phrased it to me is, 'If I take one swing on Tour, the policy is voided.'"

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

[COLOR=222222]Anthony Kim, MIA Since 2012, Wrestles With Whether To Tee It Up Again or Reap an Eight-Figure Disability Settlement [/COLOR][COLOR=1155CC][URL=http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/anthony-kim-ryder-cup-breakout-star-2008-nowhere-be-found]http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/anthony-kim-ryder-cup-breakout-star-2008-nowhere-be-found[/URL][/COLOR]

Nice problem to have, I suppose.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 1332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!