IGNORED

TIGER WOODS 2008 - 2 More Days!

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 6074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else as excited as I am?

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Probably not as excited as you are, as im more of a golf sim. (although i'll buy it regardless) fan over an arcade style game play. I just bought a Philips HD, LCD TV for the sole purpose of playing xbox 360 on it. That said the only games i really play involve sports but with the recent xbox360.. price drops at $300 Canadian its well worth it.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Not really excited, should I be? Is there anything different from '07? I usually only buy sports games every 2-3 years. This way it actually feels like I'm playing a new game and not the same game with a different cover. Still addicted to TW 2007.

Thats EA sports for ya, guess its too much work to entirely revamp the game play every year. About a year and a half ago i heard rumours of a golf fame coming out for PS3 called PGA Championship 2008 which looked amazing, but i havent heard anything about it since then.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I'm pretty excited. They added a couple new courses and the new feature I can't wait for is called photo game face. You take a front and a side photo of your own face and it maps it into the game. A couple of game websites tried it out and it came out pretty cool. The online modes will be neat as well.

We'll be picking it up on Tuesday. Skipped 2007 so, this will be a nice upgrade.
Driver G5 , 10.5 Degrees
3 Wood X-Hot
Hybrid Rescue Dual 3 Hybrid
Irons LCG 4-PW
Wedges Tour WedgesPutter Monza CorzaBall NXT or Pro V1

I do not have an xbox 360 so I am firstly not getting it because of that.
The commentary is the same as 2007 (and has been the same for a few years)
The graphics are similar
The gameplay is very similar

The only reason I would buy it would be because I could buy a square driver from the virtual pro shop just for the sake of it. lol.

Though if I did have a 360 I would probably get it.

• Administrator
I'm not and likely won't buy it. The Wii version still doesn't have very good control, from what IGN says, and that makes it a no-buy for me. I want good control.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else as excited as I am?

No. Just about every year is basically a remake of last year's. Same with all EA Sports games. They just rip people off who are dumb enough to buy each for $50 at the beginning of each year. Seriously. I'd bet their sports games make more than any other department simply because they can stick a new number on the box and charge $50 all over again.

I would only buy it if the game came with a course creator/editor. I might download it when it comes out, though.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I just played a round on this years version. Its a pretty big upgrade from last year from what i've seen so far. I will post in more detail once i've had a better chance to play later tonight.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Im gonna go pick it up in a couple days on my day off. Ive been looking forward to this game.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Let us know how it is!

I might get it. haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Over in UK we've got a demo off Xbox Marketplace, I think it's really good and an improvement on last year. It's very realistic, draw is hard to play, you slice and hook more, and fade is a very safe shot.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Can ANYONE hit the ball even REMOTELY CLOSE to straight in this game? The last TW game I played was '05 for the original Xbox (and last time I played it was 2 weeks ago) and I was incredibly awesome at the game. Heck I beat Tiger by like 4 or 5 holes. I CANNOT control the swing in this game. I shot a 10 on the first 3 holes because I couldn't keep the ball from going OB.

Is there any way to reduce the sensitivity on this thing? It's borderline impossible.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

not really but i do want to try it out to see if its better or if it is the same old stuff hope it better

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I downloaded and played the demo from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and I'm a little disappointed. Obviously you can turn it off (I hope), but the stupid putt preview thing makes it so easy, I wish it wasn't there. I got tempted during the demo.

As said in many online reviews, the swing control this year is REALLY sensitive. Which I don't like-I love realism, but with joysticks, it just gets too hard.

Overall I don't know that I'll be getting 08 although I was very excited for it. From what I hear, the 08 on the 360 is VERY glitchy, and for me 07 was glitchy enough, although I still love it.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

Note: This thread is 6074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!