Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

So long Windows XP (5.1)

7 posts in this topic

Unplugged the desktop and forced the parents to Windows 8, which I don't think is as bad as most people make it out to be, having a touchscreen lets you do things other OSes can't.

RIP Windows XP.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

My company finally moved us off that OS.  It had it's quirks, but was OK.

Without a doubt it was the most universally loved version of windows to date. Sad to see it go but it's definitely had its time.

That sad though, i don't know anyone who is using 8.1 in an office environment yet.

Unplugged the desktop and forced the parents to Windows 8, which I don't think is as bad as most people make it out to be, having a touchscreen lets you do things other OSes can't.

RIP Windows XP.

I am using Windows 8.   It's definitely different and it takes some adjusting to.    I haven't upgraded to 8.1 yet.   Not sure I want to..

I moved onto XP shortly after it was released -- got an MSDNAA license my first year of college (AY2001), and it replaced Win ME on my desktop. I moved off of XP in 2010 or so. I still have an old Win XP desktop - my younger sister's first college computer - that I pull out only when I need to load a new course onto my Callaway uPro, because that still doesn't work with my computer. When Callaway stops supporting it in December, I'll put the XP machine down (probably).

Windows 7 was my favorite. That is, until I accidentally deleted my partition and never got around to reinstalling it. So "favorite" is relative.