IGNORED

Hit by a ball!

Ben
Note: This thread is 6041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another one comes to mind, in addition to me being hit as I posted earlier, when I was around 15 years old I had played some golf sparingly. Was playing with a friend and his parents at a private club, this elderly couple was trying to cross our fairway in front of our tee box, heading back to the clubhouse I guess, maybe just went out to play a few holes or something.

I waved them across, then they waved at me as if to say they would wait while I hit. Well, some kind of miscommunication took place, because during my backswing they started walking across. Of course I hit a low liner right at them!! Grazed off the guys arm. He just basically laughed it off and actually apologized to me for it as I was apologizing to him.

Years ago I was riding shotgun in a cart leaning back with my right leg up on the dash area - fully exposed . Of of a sudden > a ball hit the front of the cart, right in front of me! It missed me, but I was pretty shook up because another 3 feet and it woulda been all over. Ever since that day, whenever I lean back with my feet up, I keep my hand over my junk...you just never know

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I was hit about 5 years ago. We were on a par 3 and had a couple beginers with us so we were pretty slow. We waived up the twosome behind us. The green is elevated and drops off severely behind the hole. I stood down there while they hit. Big mistake. I could not see the ball in the air and the guy airmails the green. Hits me square in the thigh on the fly.

The worst one I have seen first hand was about 3 years ago. We were playing our regular Sunday round and got paired up with two guys we didn't know. We were walking up number 12. 13 plays parallel in the opposite direction. As we are walking, the guy 15 feet to my right goes down. He rolls then starts to get up holding his head. I thought he had tripped at first until I saw the ball by him and the blood running down his face. The guy on the 13th comes flying over in his cart. He is almost in tears he feels so bad. We never heard him yell fore, but we were all talking as we walked. He ended up with a dozen stitches in his forehead. We kept playing while the guy that hit him took him to the clubhouse.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I was almost hit. At one of our matches, the 2nd hole runs parallel to the 1st. One of our team guys (the worst) shanks his LW, hits my playing partners bag 5 feet away. I wanted to strangle him.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I work at a driving range and at the end of the range I have to get out of my cart to pour golf balls into crates. Anyway this one kid is hitting Drivers right at me and one came within a foot of me...

So I fell to the ground and squirmed all over the place to make him think he hit my straight on. I went up to the guy and told him how stupid he was and he apologized and admitted how stupid he really is.

Driver: FT-3 NVS Stiff
Woods: X- 3 and 5 wood fujikura stiff
irons: X-Forged 4-PW - Flighted Project X 6.0
wedges: X-Tour (52/56/60)
putter: White Hot XG #1 ball: Pro V1/ Callaway HX Tour 56

The last time I was at my local 9 hole where the average shot is into the next fairway I see a guy hook a shot terribly and hear an "OW!" from behind some trees two fairways over. Heh, I think he hit someone :D

When we were leaving I heard the guy talking about it.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

To the best of my knowledge I have never hit anyone. The closest I have come so far to being hit was one winter dusk as I was waiting in the fairway of a par 5 and the last hole anyone was going to get in that day. I was about 150 out and the group in front had cleared off the green and there was another twosome about 175-200 yards behind me. Despite the fact that it as getting dark I could still see the green well and I could see the twosome behind me. I took my shot and grabbed my bag. Before I had even taken two steps I hear this whistle. The golf ball came over my right shoulder about two inches from my ear. Without even breaking stride I ground the golf ball into the turf. Served him right. No matter the circumstances NEVER deliberately hit into someone.

It was the 7th hole and it was a par 4, my partner got up to drive after me, there was a father and little girl off to the side but about 30 yards in front of us. She must of been 4 years old, he went to drive and the ball when right a little, and contacted her HEAD DEAD ON.. She was knocked out cold.. The EMS drove right up onto the course.. It was a horrible horrible day for my partner, he bogeyed the hole.........

Ok.. Seriously that wasn't supposed to be a joke.. The girl had a concussion but was ok, my friend didn't get into ANY trouble though, because the father was kind of stupid..

• Administrator
Ok.. Seriously that wasn't supposed to be a joke..

I dare say virtually nobody would mistake that horrific tale for a joke.

If you and your partner had any inkling of doubt that the people - particularly a little girl - were too close to your line you should not have hit. Period. 30 yards ahead of you and "off to the side" would seem to me to be well within that area of doubt. Then you make fun of the father by calling him stupid? I think your friend deserves the finger pointed at him, not the father.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The 18th hole of a local course is nicknamed "The Monster." The tee box is about 40 yards into a farmer's cornfield, and you have to hit over 40 yards of wasteland (corn field) onto the fairway. The whole tee box is surrounded by big boulders, so you have to walk to it and walk through an arched lattice entrance at the front of the tee box. I was with my girlfriend standing at the front of the tee box, off to the side, outside the entryway and the other twosome we were paired with was teeing off. I figured there's no way they were going to hit us because we were 15 yards ahead of them and about 10 yards to the left. Wouldn't ya know he swings for the fences and hits it off the heel and it comes at our heads. Luckily it wasn't right at our heads because I don't think our reaction time was fast enough... but I'd say it was less than 2 feet from my head and 3-4 feet from my girlfriend's. Scary. Now I stay behind the people teeing off.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I came SUPER close early this year, still don't get what the guy was thinking. My group was on the green getting ready to putt. This guy was in the trees back down the fairway - pretty thin tree cover, not like a full forest - maybe 150 yards away or so (I didn't know this at the time). I don't even know why, maybe I heard something, I don't know, but I turned around while the other guys were in between putts, and this golf ball whizzes no more than one inch from my nose, on a laser-line right past me and over the green. I still shudder to think what would have happened had it hit me. I mean, this thing was COOKIN'......

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Been hit into a lot. But only hit twice. Once in the hand and boy did it swell up bad. Some clown hit a terrible hook shot off the tee box and hit me sitting on another tee box. I think it was a wood of sorts didnt really ask went to the ground. Another time I was hit in the back of the leg from some a holes who dont understand distances. It hurt too because it caught me on the fly.

Note: This thread is 6041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!